Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Perhaps these guys never heard the old saying "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time".  Assuming they actually did commit the offense, IMO they should be treated according to the law of the jurisdiction they'd did so in.  If that means jail, a fine, or community service so be it.  A bigger crime  is giving special consideration to the accused because of who they are.

Anybody see ESPN final four and Champion picks? Tom Crean picked Xavier to win it all, and Dan Dakich picked Ohio State in the final four.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using BtownBanners mobile app

Dakich has lost his mind!

Sent from my LGL41C using BtownBanners mobile app

Thats because Notre Dame is absolutely the best team in Indiana this year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

From d1vision.com:

Bruce Pearl Refusing to Cooperate with Internal Investigation

Bruce Pearl, the Head Basketball coach at the University of Auburn, is refusing to cooperate in the school’s internal investigation into his program, this according to ESPN. Pearl’s Auburn program employed former assistant Chuck Person’s, who was one of four coaches arrested during the FBI probe into college basketball corruption.

Person’s was indicted Tuesday by a federal grand jury in New York City. Emanuel “Book” Richardson of Arizona, Tony Bland of USC, and Lamont Evans of Oklahoma State were also indicted Tuesday.

Prosecutors said the four were accused of using bribes to influence star athletes’ choice of schools, shoe sponsors and agents. They face fraud and other charges that carry potential penalties equaling decades of imprisonment.

Pearl came to Auburn after being fired at Tennessee and receiving a three-year show-cause penalty. Once again Pearl is on the hot seat as his program absorbs an internal investigation, one currently not receiving Pearl’s cooperation.

University officials have advised Pearl that his job is in “jeopardy” if he doesn’t have a change of heart. Auburn officials haven’t given Pearl a deadline to cooperate, but sources told ESPN that a decision on his future will be made in the next week or two.

Pearl struggled in his first three seasons with the Tigers, accumulating an overall record of 44-54. Pearl’s best season occurred during the 2016-17 year when the Tigers went 18-14 overall and 7-11 in the SEC.

It pains me deeply to say this.
The ToiletMakers are going to be pretty damm good.

Sent from my LGL41C using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah, apparently 7'3" RS Haarms can really play and will eventually be a surprise good player.

I'll be honest, I really like the way Carsen Edwards plays. One of the better guards in the big ten.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Love this. Auburn doesn’t deserve a lick of “cooperation”. They willfully hired a known cheater, and he cheated. What’s there to investigate? Bruce Pearl did exactly what they hired him to do.

Love it too. Well said.