Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Yeah the Butler game worries me.  It would make sense that we beat Kansas and North Carolina, yet lose to two in-state teams we're clearly more talented than.

Holtmann is a good coach.  I think they were picked to finish towards the bottom of the Big East, but they're ranked and undefeated so far.  

I really hope we have O.G. for this game.

12 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Somebody kidnapped you and forced you to attend a Butler basketball game!?!

Lol

My parents have season tickets so as I said I don't have a choice in going or not going. Now I do have a few guilty pleasures of teams that I'm not proud of but let's not debate that.

That answers my question lol

Sent from my SPH-L720T using BtownBanners mobile app

I'd say those are 3 good wins...a true road win at Utah is solid and beating Arizona on a neutral court is good. Vandy is down but Northwestern win is a great win as I think this'll be the year Northwestern finally goes dancing. They're gonna be a tough out in Evanston this year imo.
So yes....they've played good teams AND BEAT good teams. Any time you're playing a team of Indiana kids (especially Butler) , it's always gonna be a tough game....and if you don't think so you're probably not from Indiana or know very little about basketball.

I'd say those are 3 good wins...a true road win at Utah is solid and beating Arizona on a neutral court is good. Vandy is down but Northwestern win is a great win as I think this'll be the year Northwestern finally goes dancing. They're gonna be a tough out in Evanston this year imo.

So yes....they've played good teams AND BEAT good teams. Any time you're playing a team of Indiana kids (especially Butler) , it's always gonna be a tough game....and if you don't think so you're probably not from Indiana or know very little about basketball.

Butler has 4 Indiana kids and of those kids 1 starts. Their best players are out of state but I agree with you. Usually when Indiana plays in states kids on other teams they always seem to have their best game

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

3 minutes ago, bellj833 said:

Butler is my 2nd favorite school, but there is a misleading perception about its recruiting.  Since the 2 Final 4 years, Butler's recruiting has been less Indiana dominated and its current roster only has 4 kids from Indiana.  And of its 4 recruits for '17, only 1 is from Indiana.  Not picking on you Bellj, but people remember the back-to-back Final 4's which were heavily populated with Indiana players, but since then its recruiting efforts have moved more nationwide. 

I think I had that worded wrong I wasn't saying they were all Indiana kids but have Indiana kids on their roster and like you guys had mentioned those kids ALWAYS get up to play Indiana it seems. Butler fans will show out for that game as usual and we never seem to shoot well in Indy. I know we play Louisville in Indy as well but we don't have to play perfect to beat them as they aren't that intimidating to me. They seem to shoot a lot of bad shots and don't have much of an offense. If Purdue was smart and decided to go to Swanigan early in that game (only 1 shot in first half)...Purdue wins in Louisville easy.

36 minutes ago, OliviaPope40 said:

I wonder whose streak was longer, probably Kansas or Duke right?

We have to be top 5 in terms of consecutive home wins, I think we're at 23 straight now, and none since the 2014-2015 season.

On 12/3/2016 at 11:32 PM, OliviaPope40 said:

I went and watched Butler play and not by choice but I thought they looked good although some could use some work. Right now they are 18th in the polls and I think they will move up 2 spots. They will probably give us a good game and they have everybody back from last years team minus Roosevelt Jones and Kellen Dunham. I still hold a grudge from letting a walk on beat us.

On 12/4/2016 at 0:16 AM, bellj833 said:

I actually won't be surprised if Butler beats us. They're a well coached team who doesn't make many mistakes and plays smart basketball aka true Indiana basketball. They always seem to get up for us just like most Indiana schools as a lot of players wanna show Indiana what they're missing out on. I called it before the Ft Wayne game we'd lose to Fort Wayne and Butler but beat UNC, Kansas, and Louisville. Hope I'm wrong but I just have a bad feeling about that game especially without OG or a banged up OG. Gonna have to play perfect basketball versus Butler to win that and we're still very young so I guess we'll find out soon enough.

23 hours ago, JHoosier914 said:

Butler is REALLY good. We will have to limit turnovers and be efficient. Our last two games have shown me that we can play as a driving team just as well as we can from behind the 3 point line.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

18 hours ago, OliviaPope40 said:

The very first Butler game I went to was when Butler had AJ Graves and I don't remember who they were playing because I young at the time.

Going to hopefully scout Butler Wednesday night at the Hulman Center.  Could be a good game.  My trees lost 3 close ones in the Advocare Invitational, but had chances to beat Iowa State at the buzzer, Lost to Stanford by 3, at the last second, and the Quinnipec game?  They lost, but man it wasn't their best game.

Not a fan of the Graves family.  The older brothers beat Mooresville several years running in the early 90's, 91-92 and 92-93 I think, when we had some good Mooresville teams!

Sean Miller told reporters that Arizona's Parker Jackson-Cartwright will miss about eight weeks with a high ankle sprain. 

6-8 weeks isn't all that unusual for a severe high ankle sprain but fortunately it doesn't sound like OG's is anywhere near that bad.