Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

I agree the Duke model is perfect. Greatest college coach in the history of the game and 10 McDonald all Americans. Sign me up. I get your point.... IU HAS to make a final four to even think about competing with Duke. Coach K did it 30 + years ago. Can IU get past the sweet 16?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I agree the Duke model is perfect. Greatest college coach in the history of the game and 10 McDonald all Americans. Sign me up. I get your point.... IU HAS to make a final four to even think about competing with Duke. Coach K did it 30 + years ago. Can IU get past the sweet 16?

Have a punchers chance here and there. I get the Duke thought. We aren't Duke. But we are Indiana.
Consider this... Kentucky is considered the pinnacle of NCAAB with Duke over last 10 years, right?
How did Kentucky recruit with Gillespie or Tubby Smith?
Indiana has similar pedigree as UK, and could recruit with the big dogs if we had a Self, Calipari, Pitino, Sean Miller type recruiter. Dirty? Probably. Everyone seems to play the game, even Duke. Idk.

It's frustrating.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Newest NBAdraft.net.

#29. OG
#43. TB

i do think our lack of on court success is hindering Creans recruiting. He's never won a postseason tournament. That's some easy easy negative recruiting. 5 stars might only be planning on staying a year but most would like to win an NC in that year. 

i do think our lack of on court success is hindering Creans recruiting. He's never won a postseason tournament. That's some easy easy negative recruiting. 5 stars might only be planning on staying a year but most would like to win an NC in that year. 

I am not sure of that with certain schools having the recruiting successes they are. I feel like we have to have a plan and commit to it. Just seems we are all over the place lately.

I am not sure of that with certain schools having the recruiting successes they are. I feel like we have to have a plan and commit to it. Just seems we are all over the place lately.

What doesn't feel like we're all over the place with...? Recruiting strategy, recruiting ability, defense, rotations, etc...

I don't know where to put this but Charles Barkley is on Dan Lebetard radio show and he is killing it. I have a lot more respect for him after listening to him today.

Re: feud with Jordan and discussion regarding and explaining his supportive comments of police officers.

Seems to really have his head on straight.