Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Mamasa, interesting insight into the fan bases in Columbus. I can understand the PU engineering grads because of Cummins but why the Cards and UK fans?

I'm not really sure why.  The UK fans are everywhere- not sure if their '72 Gremlins only made it this far south, or.... But, people around here did not like Knight, and Louisville is closer than Purdue, so I think they kind of defaulted to that.  It's pretty frustrating the amount of UK fans, because they tend to be more obnoxious (surprise!!).  Purdue fans just kind of hide in the shadows and hope nobody notices them. 

Annual tip off Marathon schedule

Date Time (ET) Game Network
Mon, Nov 17 7 p.m. Baylor aKentucky women ESPN2
Miami at Florida ESPNU
9 p.m. Connecticut at Stanford women ESPN2
11 p.m. SMU at Gonzaga ESPN2
Legends Classic: Detroit at Oregon ESPNU
Tue, Nov 18 1 a.m. Auburn at Colorado ESPN2
3 a.m. New Mexico State at Saint Mary's ESPN2
5 a.m. High Point at Hawaii ESPN2
7 a.m. Iona at Wofford ESPN2
9 a.m. Northern Iowa at Stephen F. Austin ESPN2
11 a.m. Manhattan at UMass ESPN2
Noon Baylor at South Carolina ESPN
2 p.m. Wichita State vs. Memphis (Sioux Falls, S.D.) ESPN
4 p.m. Utah at San Diego State ESPN
6 p.m. College GameDay (Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis) ESPN
Legends Classic: Toledo at VCU ESPNU
7 p.m. State Farm Champions Classic (Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis): Michigan State vs. Duke ESPN
7:30 p.m. Marquette at Ohio State ESPN2
9:30 p.m. State Farm Champions Classic (Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis): Kansas vs. Kentucky ESPN
9:30 p.m. Texas Tech at LSU ESPN2

I'm not really sure why. The UK fans are everywhere- not sure if their '72 Gremlins only made it this far south, or.... But, people around here did not like Knight, and Louisville is closer than Purdue, so I think they kind of defaulted to that. It's pretty frustrating the amount of UK fans, because they tend to be more obnoxious (surprise!!). Purdue fans just kind of hide in the shadows and hope nobody notices them.

72 gremlins, I'm dying over here lol

As am I until it's time to head down to the classic

I'm trying to go. Ticket prices on a steady decline on StubHub. If they're hovering around $30-$35ish on Sunday I'm making my roommate go with me.