Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Kind of curious to see what people think about the Underwood extension. Most everyone hated when we did it. Which was further along than they are.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Kind of curious to see what people think about the Underwood extension. Most everyone hated when we did it. Which was further along than they are.

Last year he set the record for most losses in Illinois history I believe. Having said that I think he is a good coach and they are probably lucky to have him

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Last year he set the record for most losses in Illinois history I believe. Having said that I think he is a good coach and they are probably lucky to have him

He apparently made some adjustments to his coaching this summer and it seems to have helped.

He apparently made some adjustments to his coaching this summer and it seems to have helped.

1 good year following 2 historically bad years good enough for you to give him a 3 year extension? I still think it’s the right move but a lot of their fans wanted to pull the plug halfway through last year

1 good year following 2 historically bad years good enough for you to give him a 3 year extension? I still think it’s the right move but a lot of their fans wanted to pull the plug halfway through last year

And next year may not be that strong if both Ayo and Kofi leave. They already lose Feliz. That’s their entire team.

I think it was a tad early. But I understand why they did it. I wouldn’t like if we gave Archie an extension just because we were ranked this year. They aren’t going to be a high seed. Nothing crazy special. I would give Holtman an extension before Underwood and Archie to this point, and I don’t think any of the 3 really deserve one.

There were some wanting his head 1 month into this season

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

And next year may not be that strong if both Ayo and Kofi leave. They already lose Feliz. That’s their entire team.

Bring in Adam Miller, a dynamic scorer. One of the best. And Curbelo, heralded as a great ball handler and passer.

Might not be Ayo and Kofi but these new guys are good. Plus, Beghinivilli is better than he’s playing. Cockburn took his shine. I like Beghivilli better than all our bigs not named Trayce.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

9 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Heck of game going on. Baylor/Texas Tech tied with 1:37 to go. Teams just traded 3’s. Baylor playing without Vital. Both teams need this one

Three possessions in the final 1:36 of that time -- and neither team even took a shot. The only shot was a desperation heave with 1 second left. How does that happen! ... Really, really poor execution. ... Headed to OT.

Bring in Adam Miller, a dynamic scorer. One of the best. And Curbelo, heralded as a great ball handler and passer.

Might not be Ayo and Kofi but these new guys are good. Plus, Beghinivilli is better than he’s playing. Cockburn took his shine. I like Beghivilli better than all our bigs not named Trayce.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Adam Miller will be a freshman. Andre curbelo will be a freshman. They will not have the same impact a sophomore Ayo had this year. Not saying they won’t be good players, but we routinely see that freshman guards cannot lead a team in the big ten. I mean look at Illinois last year when Ayo was a freshman.

And I disagree on Giorgi. I would take race all day, as he is a much better defender. We saw what Illinois interior defense looked like with giorgi in the middle. They lost more than20 games