Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Virginia might have them beat this season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Maryland and LSU are teams that have stolen the most wins this year. They just seem crazy lucky or good however you want to look at it.

8 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

It'll be hilarious when Minnesota is still above us in the NET rankings tomorrow. 

Have a laugh, Minny only fell 1 spot to 45. Hey, IU gained a spot to 52 because Richmond didn't beat GW well enough. Tell 'em Herm.

Have a laugh, Minny only fell 1 spot to 45. Hey, IU gained a spot to 52 because Richmond didn't beat GW well enough. Tell 'em Herm.
[/url]  

Notre Dame with a road win stayed stagnant at 56 and Georgetown loses by 21 at Marquette and moves UP 1 spot. I’m absolutely convinced these rankings are pretty much garbage.

43 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Notre Dame with a road win stayed stagnant at 56 and Georgetown loses by 21 at Marquette and moves UP 1 spot. I’m absolutely convinced these rankings are pretty much garbage.

I'm in the same boat about the NET rankings. Until they release how it's calculated, and based on some of the bizarre results, I don't put much weight in them. I know USPS has mentioned that the NET is just one tool that is meant to be utilized by the selection committee to help them through discussions of team resumes. I'm just going to assume the guys in that room are smart enough to look at the NET and come to a consensus that it isn't perfect, and through their discussions will be able to separate NET ranking of a team like Purdue (14-14; NET 37) and IU (18-9; NET 53), and make an informed decision that the formula got this one wrong. 

57 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

To defend the net a bit. Those staying still make sense  If the NET expected them to win and get blown out respectively 

2 hours ago, jbell833 said:

Maybe ND stayed where they are b/c it was only a quad 3 win? Though another funny part of that is by looking this up I saw that BC actually move UP 6 spots after that home loss. Hah! 

I've been keeping an eye on ND. That loss at UVA was a bummer. But if they win out, it would include a win over FSU. I'm confident FSU will safely remain a quad 1a win for us. But it may give ND a chance to jump in to the top 50, giving us another quad 1 win. This may be important since both Penn St. and Iowa are teetering on the edge of becoming quad 2 wins instead of quad 1. Still so much to play out. 

12 minutes ago, Hoosier1984 said:

IU vs Michigan State 2013 on ESPNU right now for those off of work and looking for something to do

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Heck of a game. Hulls hit that huge three beyond NBA range. Unfortunately IU went 5-4 the rest of the way. I think that team was worn out. I read that somewhere (Missing Banners book). 

21 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Heck of a game. Hulls hit that huge three beyond NBA range. Unfortunately IU went 5-4 the rest of the way. I think that team was worn out. I read that somewhere (Missing Banners book). 

The last time I watched the tournament game they lost to Syracuse, I noticed in addition to being unable to get it inside to Zeller and break the zone, Hulls fizzled almost completely in the stretch. They were most definitely worn out. I think in those last few games Jordy was shooting well below his average.

The last time I watched the tournament game they lost to Syracuse, I noticed in addition to being unable to get it inside to Zeller and break the zone, Hulls fizzled almost completely in the stretch. They were most definitely worn out. I think in those last few games Jordy was shooting well below his average.

His shoulder was hurt.

3 hours ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

Yup and he wore some sleeve too. People forget that we really should have lost to Temple in the 2nd round. That Wyatt kid went off. Oladipo hit a huge three and Watford had a nice block. It was evident after the Michigan State game this team started trending down. It was a shame. This team I think could have beat Louisville. 

Yup and he wore some sleeve too. People forget that we really should have lost to Temple in the 2nd round. That Wyatt kid went off. Oladipo hit a huge three and Watford had a nice block. It was evident after the Michigan State game this team started trending down. It was a shame. This team I think could have beat Louisville. 

They went through a gauntlet in Big Ten play. This year everyone is close but not elite. That year we saw Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State and Ohio State as Top 10 teams. Wisconsin ended up ranked. Pretty Minnesota hit the Top 10. Illinois got close. It was just a higher level of play than we see this season. People say that year was a “down year” for college basketball but it was better than any season since.

7 hours ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

Clappy was known to have the two hour walk thrus at full speed. His teams never once peaked at the end of the year.