Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

It is exciting. What would be more exciting for the regular season is to only have the top 8 teams make the conference tourneys. Other sports have a cut off point for their conference tournaments, why are the basketball tourneys a giant participation trophy event? Imagine the battles in the B1G this year where making the conference tourney would basically guarantee an NCAA bid. It would also clear up some TV time for the mid-majors to play some meaningful games on a national platform.

Mid major tourneys get a lot of love during that time. It’s an entire conference fighting for only one spot.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Mid major tourneys get a lot of love during that time. It’s an entire conference fighting for only one spot.

The finals of these tourneys get the love for most of the low and mid major conferences but as far as watching the entire conference tourneys for some of them someone would have to look really hard to find them. Now the MVC and the other recognizable mid major conferences get more tv time but for instance the SoCon is going to be a fantastic tourney. I’m guessing espn will only air the finals and maybe the semifinals. That will be one where I watch the early rounds on espn + or espn 3 or I might have to find a feed on one of the teams facebook page

7 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I'm referring to mid majors that historically get multiple bids like the WCC, A-10, Mt West, or the MAC in a good year. The semi-finals rarely get shown on a decent network cuz you gotta have the 11 vs 14 B1G, ACC, or $EC game.

5 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

The finals of these tourneys get the love for most of the low and mid major conferences but as far as watching the entire conference tourneys for some of them someone would have to look really hard to find them. Now the MVC and the other recognizable mid major conferences get more tv time but for instance the SoCon is going to be a fantastic tourney. I’m guessing espn will only air the finals and maybe the semifinals. That will be one where I watch the early rounds on espn + or espn 3 or I might have to find a feed on one of the teams facebook page

USPS, with your affinity for college hoops, you may want to look into getting an Amazon Firestick and jail-breaking it. I get every station in the world. There’s a sports app that literally has links to every college basketball being televised no matter how local the station sometimes down to the DIII level. 

USPS, with your affinity for college hoops, you may want to look into getting an Amazon Firestick and jail-breaking it. I get every station in the world. There’s a sports app that literally has links to every college basketball being televised no matter how local the station sometimes down to the DIII level. 

I get pretty much every channel now except the ACC network. Thanks for the heads up. I don’t think it’s humanly possible to watch as much college basketball as I do now. I got 3 TVs of games going each night. During championship week I bring down a 4th tv.

Just watched Kansas take the win over Texas Tech and right after, Bruce Pearl’s pregame pep talk aired and man, we need that guy or a guy like that. I’m sick and tired of the Miller era already

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Great game in the Ivy League. Princeton hangs on and beats Harvard. They gave up a lead and then Princeton’s big man hits 2 FT with 3 sec to give them a 1 pt lead. Heck of a game

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners