Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Not limited to basketball but the Big Ten quietly proposed legislation last year that would allow players in every sport to transfer once in their careers without sitting out a year in residence at their new institution.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/big-ten-proposal-would-allow-every-athlete-to-transfer-once-without-sitting-out-a-year/

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Not limited to basketball but the Big Ten quietly proposed legislation last year that would allow players in every sport to transfer once in their careers without sitting out a year in residence at their new institution.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/big-ten-proposal-would-allow-every-athlete-to-transfer-once-without-sitting-out-a-year/

A popular rebuttal to this proposal is to allow a player to transfer one time without losing a year of eligibility or using a redshirt, but still sitting out that first year, so they technically get that year back at the end of their time at the school they transfer to. 

18 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

I don’t want depression or mental health issues hold a kid back from the path he was destined for. What I’m supposed to hope he struggles with this for years until his chance to be at the top of his profession has passed him by?

I believe I misunderstood your intent there, hand up my b. 

7 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Penn up 6 with 9 sec left. Fouls a 3 pt shooter and he hits it. Harvard down 3. Harvard misses ft and gets the rebound and misses a game tying 3. Penn holds on. Delivering

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Saw a news story about a mail carrier that rented a storage unit to put mail he didn’t deliver.  Makes me wonder how USPS has so much time for college basketball. Or how many storage he might be renting. 

Saw a news story about a mail carrier that rented a storage unit to put mail he didn’t deliver.  Makes me wonder how USPS has so much time for college basketball. Or how many storage he might be renting. 

Was that recent? I had a cousin do something similar as he battled depression.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

24 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Was that recent? I had a cousin do something similar as he battled depression.

Yeah it was pretty recent will try and find the article. 

Edit

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/01/29/us/postal-worker-hides-mail-storage-unit-trnd/index.html

That’s weak sauce. Anybody that does that to people’s mail don’t have have pride in their job. That’s a major federal crime. Simple answer for having time for college basketball is that it’s my hobby and I make time for it. Also having an awesome wife that understands my college basketball obsession helps. Rhode Island up 22 with 18:35 in the second half

Akron up 1 with 30 sec to go. Kent St ball.
Bowling Green up 1 at Buffalo. Even when the main event game of the night is a blow out there is always good games to be found

Kent St up 1 with 14 sec to go. What’s Groce going to draw up for the Zips?

38 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

That’s weak sauce. Anybody that does that to people’s mail don’t have have pride in their job. That’s a major federal crime. Simple answer for having time for college basketball is that it’s my hobby and I make time for it. Also having an awesome wife that understands my college basketball obsession helps. Rhode Island up 22 with 18:35 in the second half

Damn.

You are so the man.

For real.

41 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I’m just teasing man very much appreciate your updates. I barely have time to follow the Big ten and IU. Your updates are very helpful 

I’m just teasing man very much appreciate your updates. I barely have time to follow the Big ten and IU. Your updates are very helpful 

I know you were. I’ve seen reports like that and it make me sick to see news articles like that. There was a carrier in Indiana somewhere a couple years ago that had a months of advertisements in his garage. All because he was too lazy to do his job.

Bowling green steals one in Buffalo. They are 8-1 in the MAC