Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

https://extra.ncaa.org/solutions/rpi/Stats Library/NET Nitty Gritty - Dec. 15, 2019.pdf

Net just released.
B1G:
OSU at 1
Marlyand at 11
Penn St. at 18
Michigan at 21
Michigan St. at 29
Illinois at 32
Iowa at 33
IU at 36
Purdue at 44
Minnesota at 48
Wisconsin at 51
Rutgers 61
Nebraska at 153
Northwestern at 174

Fun fact: Ohio St has been the #1 team in the first NET ranking of the year both years so far.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

5 hours ago, Andowen1990IU said:

36 is a good number considering the lack of strong opponents in the non-con so far and all the home games. I wouldn't have been shocked if IU started in the 50's and then had to be respectable in the B1G to climb up into the 30's or so which would give IU a fair shot at making the tourney.

18 hours ago, mdn82 said:

That was the nastiest spill I have seen for a big man for a little bit. I am shocked he didn’t smash his head down harder than he did.

Not good for the Boilers; apparently this is his second concussion this season. Without him protecting the rim for 25 minutes a game I believe the Boilers would be in deep, deep kimchi:

Purdue center Matt Haarms returning to practice soon: After less than half a practice last week, Purdue center Matt Haarms was sent to the sideline, after taking a blow to the head and suffering a concussion.

"I'm good," Haarms said Wednesday at Big Ten media day. "I'm all cleared. All good."

"I was telling people, 'I'd rather this happen to me than one of our new guys,'" Haarms said. "They'd be lost. Thankfully I know what's going on with the team.

"It sucks to miss practice, though. But it was all about being safe and I really appreciate our training staff, they're not rushing me back, really following protocol and making sure I get back safe."

Kentucky the 58th best team right now huh? Hmmmm...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Clearly they are better then that but when you have a non a conference strength of schedule in the 300’s and you lose at home to #183 some computer rankings might penalize them for that

Clearly they are better then that but when you have a non a conference strength of schedule in the 300’s and you lose at home to #183 some computer rankings might penalize them for that

And that will skew their ranking for pretty much the rest of the year even though we know they are better than that and likely a Top 15 team.

And that will skew their ranking for pretty much the rest of the year even though we know they are better than that and likely a Top 15 team.

They will be fine once they start playing real teams. They will finish with a top 15 NET if I had to guess. Florida came in at 78 and North Carolina came in at 94. One observation was duke had the most quad 1 wins with 4 however it looks like the home loss to SF Austin overshadowed them a little because they came in at 13.

They will be fine once they start playing real teams. They will finish with a top 15 NET if I had to guess. Florida came in at 78 and North Carolina came in at 94. One observation was duke had the most quad 1 wins with 4 however it looks like the home loss to SF Austin overshadowed them a little because they came in at 13.

UNC’s makes more sense with how they’ve struggled recently. But last year, Indiana never dropped outside the Top 100. That didn’t make any sense.

UNC’s makes more sense with how they’ve struggled recently. But last year, Indiana never dropped outside the Top 100. That didn’t make any sense.

Doesn’t make sense to you but I see why they didn’t drop outside the top 100. No quad 3 or 4 losses. The B1G was represented well in the NET. They ended the year with 3 top 15 NET which bumped them up. They were as high as 16 when they were 12-2 and fell down into the 70’s. I would say that was a big drop for a power 5 team in conference play. Among B1G teams IU finished with the 9Th best NET out of 14 teams The NET penalized them plenty for losing even though they didn’t drop outside the top 100

Doesn’t make sense to you but I see why they didn’t drop outside the top 100. No quad 3 or 4 losses. The B1G was represented well in the NET. They ended the year with 3 top 15 NET which bumped them up. They were as high as 16 when they were 12-2 and fell down into the 70’s. I would say that was a big drop for a power 5 team in conference play. Among B1G teams IU finished with the 9Th best NET out of 14 teams The NET penalized them plenty for losing even though they didn’t drop outside the top 100

I’d say after losing 12 of 13, you should drop not just out of the Top 100, but well out. And those losses included Nebraska, NW and Rutgers. That was a pathetic joke of the NET and showed just how biased it can be.