Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

3 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Joe tell the whole story. Why are they not shooting as many 3’s? Because they are getting to the line more than almost any team in the country. If they weren’t doing that, then it would be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Exactly those 3 fewer makes than other teams is closer to 9 fewer attempts. Those are possessions where we are getting to the line with an a better points per possession and getting an opposing player in trouble. I’ll take FTs over a 3 pt attempt every time 

Poor Penny isn't catching any breaks.  Let the whining begin.
Penny Hardaway told reporters that Memphis freshman Lester Quinones will miss the next few weeks due to broken bones in his hand.

Did he punch someone for making fun of his short-shorts?

Joe tell the whole story. Why are they not shooting as many 3’s? Because they are getting to the line more than almost any team in the country. If they weren’t doing that, then it would be an issue.

Does it really impact it though? If it’s a shooting foul, are they getting fouled on a 2pt shot or a 3? If they are shooting 2’s anyways then it has no impact on possessions where we’d shoot 3’s.

Just now, Uspshoosier said:

A year from today I will be taking my wife to Maui to celebrate 15 years of marriage. My gift to her is taking her to Hawaii, her gift to me is watching the Hoosiers in the Maui classic. Bucket list item going to be checked off the board. Battle for Atlantis is another bucket list item. Sparty up 1

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

My wife has forgotten I think but we had agreed to go to the final four when it comes to Indy 

A year from today I will be taking my wife to Maui to celebrate 15 years of marriage. My gift to her is taking her to Hawaii, her gift to me is watching the Hoosiers in the Maui classic. Bucket list item going to be checked off the board. Battle for Atlantis is another bucket list item. Sparty up 1

Take a day trip to Molikai with a tour. You’ll go to a lookout of a leper colony and visit a macadamia farm, among other sites. Get the macadamia butter without preservatives and put it on everything you can imagine. Thank me later.

Points per possession is the primary summary offensive stat that matters in my opinion.
We’re plenty good there so far, but as the level of opponents rises that’ll be the measuring stick.

And we are at 70 possessions per game which is 259th. We are scoring 1.003 points per possession which is 24th. We are getting 7.0 steals a game which is 136th. Steals per defensive play is at 9.1% which 112th and steals per possession is at 10% which 113th. So those aren’t bad numbers. I do think the offense could be sped up a bit which would really help keep the defense off balance and would be good for drives to dump off or lob to TJD, Smith, Brunk, Thompson and Davis.

Points per possession is the primary summary offensive stat that matters in my opinion.

We’re plenty good there so far, but as the level of opponents rises that’ll be the measuring stick.

Yep. Last time I checked (yesterday I think) we were #1 in the country. Being frustrated with anything scoring wise doesn’t make a lot of sense to me at this point.

Edit: I guess I didn’t go straight ppp. I went into offensive efficiency.

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Aaron Torres @Aaron_Torres

This is the most corny, Tom Crean thing ever:  Because he wants to position-less basketball, he doesnt list positions on Georgia's official roster.  Position is only marked as "B" for "Basketball Player."  Cant make this stuff up

His position-less basketball just got its arse kicked. 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Dayton is so physical, that the refs have called 22 personal fouls...
on Georgia.

‘Feeling....a little bit...parched....who forgot to pack my brown juice in a Desanni bottle?

Forgot to wear Hawaiian shirt, not feeling much Aloha!  Think I’ll just try to clap through this one. ‘

976E8E60-A6C9-4D68-BE34-0386A4A8B4A8.png

And we are at 70 possessions per game which is 259th. We are scoring 1.003 points per possession which is 24th. We are getting 7.0 steals a game which is 136th. Steals per defensive play is at 9.1% which 112th and steals per possession is at 10% which 113th. So those aren’t bad numbers. I do think the offense could be sped up a bit which would really help keep the defense off balance and would be good for drives to dump off or lob to TJD, Smith, Brunk, Thompson and Davis.

We are extremely efficient. We are the most efficient team in the country right now. I don’t expect it to stay that way as the competition increases. But our adjusted offensive numbers are still very good. Our margins are good. All of that is a stark contrast to last year when we were winning and our peripherals were not so good. This is what our identity is. If we can stay a top 40 offensive team with these players I would be ecstatic. Especially after last year.

Aaron Torres @Aaron_Torres
This is the most corny, Tom Crean thing ever:  Because he wants to position-less basketball, he doesnt list positions on Georgia's official roster.  Position is only marked as "B" for "Basketball Player."  Cant make this stuff up
EKP45cbUEAAIB2O?format=jpg%26name=medium&key=0c0df8fec9dc9702a1027ca55abadb0973e246e3562d30f8c7333173c894d7a0

So Crean can post up #15 and people will think he's the center.

We are extremely efficient. We are the most efficient team in the country right now. I don’t expect it to stay that way as the competition increases. But our adjusted offensive numbers are still very good. Our margins are good. All of that is a stark contrast to last year when we were winning and our peripherals were not so good. This is what our identity is. If we can stay a top 40 offensive team with these players I would be ecstatic. Especially after last year.

I’m not complaining. But I do think a little more speed would help this set of players. This team could honestly cause more turnovers and get more steals really if they played the passing lanes more and we are at 7.0 per game over last years 6.5. Extra possessions that way are big. Our size also has us at 8.0 extra scoring chances per game. Which is 30th nationally. Last year we were at -0.2. I think we could do better on the defensive boards, especially considering the teams we’ve played. We give up 7.2(70th) offensive boards this year, which is better than last years 8.5.