Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Or we can choose to watch the James Harden show! That is not the way basketball is meant to be played. Give me the atmosphere of college sports any day! Just an opinion. 

It’s not exactly the most fun to watch... but the dude is averaging 39.5 ppg. Sometimes you just have to watch history.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Is that even second place?

Right now he’s in 2nd on Usage rate. Russell Westbrook was at 41.65% in 16-17. Harden is at 41.37% which is just ahead of Harden from last season at 40.47%.

Edit: Harden is 3rd for ppg right now behind Wilt at #1 and #2 where he averaged 50.36 and 44.83.

Not quite sure how that’s a foul on John... Pritzl kid definitely flopped and put his face in Johns elbow.

I do wonder how the Big Ten refs are going to handle the flopping rule... because no one flops more in the B1G than Wisconsin.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The flop rule to me is going to be a problem and I don't think it was necessary. Can someone explain to me if a ref can call a flop why then could he not just not blow the whistle and play on. Why is it necessary? I guess I don't understand

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

No clue. It’s really stupid.

The flop rule to me is going to be a problem and I don't think it was necessary. Can someone explain to me if a ref can call a flop why then could he not just not blow the whistle and play on. Why is it necessary? I guess I don't understand

Over penalize it in order to stop the behavior. Believe it or not, strict and too strict penalties when enforced can curtail decisions and actions.

Also works in parenting. Just imo.

Over penalize it in order to stop the behavior. Believe it or not, strict and too strict penalties when enforced can curtail decisions and actions.

Also works in parenting. Just imo.

True but if that action isn't rewarded in the first place players wouldn't do it cause it usually would lead to wide open shots dunks or 4 on 5 situations for a while. Funny thing to me is they rewarded it for several years. Why?

True but if that action isn't rewarded in the first place players wouldn't do it cause it usually would lead to wide open shots dunks or 4 on 5 situations for a while. Funny thing to me is they rewarded it for several years. Why?

True... ??? Trying to stop the head down driving and bring back midrange, stop and pops etc. ??

But instead it’s just 2 cabooses running into each other both flopping.

This will give offense the edge, and that could be an ulterior motive.

Mostly though, I’m not certain.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Blatant cheating has really turned me off to the college game in the past 6-8 years. Still watch it but cant take it 100% serious. Ive moved back to the NBA in the last couple years. At least we know up front who is paying for the talent and its legal.
I try every year to get back I to watching the NBA like I did every year when Johnson, Bird, Erving, Jordan, Thomas etc played. I can't.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I try every year to get back I to watching the NBA like I did every year when Johnson, Bird, Erving, Jordan, Thomas etc played. I can't.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It’s somewhere in the middle of those two eras. More defense than in the 80’s but getting back to that point. And less defense and less thug ball than in the 90’s. More teams are playing team ball overall and players are more skilled overall than ever. Some teams are hard to watch but most are pretty good. Helps if you have a team or player(s) you want to see play.

9 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

It’s somewhere in the middle of those two eras. More defense than in the 80’s but getting back to that point. And less defense and less thug ball than in the 90’s. More teams are playing team ball overall and players are more skilled overall than ever. Some teams are hard to watch but most are pretty good. Helps if you have a team or player(s) you want to see play.

More skilled overall than ever? 

More skilled overall than ever? 

By far. You now have 4’s and 5’s that can shoot and put the ball on the floor like guards. More athleticism than ever. More collective star power in their good years than ever.

20 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

By far. You now have 4’s and 5’s that can shoot and put the ball on the floor like guards. More athleticism than ever. More collective star power in their good years than ever.

So you're saying the 4's and 5's are less skilled in the post, but better on the perimeter?  I don't see many 6'9 point guards winning championships nowadays either. There has always been star power, now there's the internet and social media. Bigger and stronger does not necessarily mean more athleticism.