Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Why

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Because of the amount of “parity.” Really the amount of mediocre parity. Probably won’t be big differences in quality of play between groups of teams. Which will cause plenty of chaos this season and be a complete shizshow come March for bracketology.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Because of the amount of “parity.” Really the amount of mediocre parity. Probably won’t be big differences in quality of play between groups of teams. Which will cause plenty of chaos this season and be a complete shizshow come March for bracketology.

There is always chaos throughout a season. It’s what makes college basketball the greatest sport on the planet. You said the same thing last year and probably said it the year before that college basketball is down in quality and “mediocre”. I personally will take “mediocre parity” in the college game over the NBA any day of the week. Greatest second weekend of the tournament happened last year. If that’s considered mediocre parity then inject that into my veins all year. Buckle up enjoy the ride

There is always chaos throughout a season. It’s what makes college basketball the greatest sport on the planet. You said the same thing last year and probably said it the year before that college basketball is down in quality and “mediocre”. I personally will take “mediocre parity” in the college game over the NBA any day of the week. Greatest second weekend of the tournament happened last year. If that’s considered mediocre parity then inject that into my veins all year. Buckle up enjoy the ride

Well the NBA is pretty wide open this season with the Warriors being injured all around. Never said I didn’t enjoy it. Quality of the game on the court has just went down.

So parity is bad. Ok

USPS  I know you got to watch TJD play a lot over the past few years and I'm curious if his FT shooting was as good last year.  In the very few games I saw him play I thought it was a weakness in his game, but thus far this season he's looking very, very good at the line.

USPS  I know you got to watch TJD play a lot over the past few years and I'm curious if his FT shooting was as good last year.  In the very few games I saw him play I thought it was a weakness in his game, but thus far this season he's looking very, very good at the line.

He was mid 60’s last year. Definitely a weakness. Glad to see him shooting it better so far this year

Just like our same debate last year the quality of the game on court is down in your eyes not everyone’s. Plenty of great quality on the court being played in my eyes. I acknowledged there are going to be crappy played games but that’s going to happen in any sport. Either way I would rather watch a crappy played college basketball game then any NBA game

This needs a love button instead of just a like button

Rooting for Wisconsin and UConn today.

Wisconsin to help us with Garcia (in case that helps) and improve our SOS.  UConn to also improve our SOS but they already lost to St. Joseph's at home so they may not be all that good anyway.

Just like our same debate last year the quality of the game on court is down in your eyes not everyone’s. Plenty of great quality on the court being played in my eyes. I acknowledged there are going to be crappy played games but that’s going to happen in any sport. Either way I would rather watch a crappy played college basketball game then any NBA game

But that’s just your opinion, just like it’s my opinion that college basketball as a whole is down due to talented kids leaving early whether they are ready or not.

But that’s just your opinion, just like it’s my opinion that college basketball as a whole is down due to talented kids leaving early whether they are ready or not.

I think it’s a fair point. The people like USPS and the people have issues with you. The “likes” indicate this. Plus, this is primarily a Indiana sports/college basketball site, so most of us here enjoy the college product even if it’s diluted or down relative to times before the one and done. I think people have to realize that when the majority of the best/star players are freshmen each year, and then they leave, it’s safe to assume college basketball isn’t as great as it used to be. It’s different. It’s still equally fun imo.

I can make the same argument about the NBA. They are taking players too early that aren’t ready and playing them because they are paying them. That also waters down the product.

I enjoy them both for what they are.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I think it’s a fair point. The people like USPS and the people have issues with you. The “likes” indicate this. Plus, this is primarily a Indiana sports/college basketball site, so most of us here enjoy the college product even if it’s diluted or down relative to times before the one and done. I think people have to realize that when the majority of the best/star players are freshmen each year, and then they leave, it’s safe to assume college basketball isn’t as great as it used to be. It’s different. It’s still equally fun imo.

I can make the same argument about the NBA. They are taking players too early that aren’t ready and playing them because they are paying them. That also waters down the product.

I completely agree with you. The one thing I would add is he has no clue what it was like pre one and done. That rule changed when he was 13. He just throws random things out as fact hoping things will stick. He has no clue the differences in game how big or small. I don’t see Joe at 12 years old watching the amount of basketball and understanding it as most here. This is just another fact based opinion he is looking for a reaction. Like people in the Jordan vs Lebron discussion. People romanticize what they grew up with. The teams now are not very different than what they were ten years ago. The rules are mainly the same. He is just throwing **** against the wall to see what sticks and to see who he can annoy.

Blatant cheating has really turned me off to the college game in the past 6-8 years. Still watch it but cant take it 100% serious. Ive moved back to the NBA in the last couple years. At least we know up front who is paying for the talent and its legal.

3 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

He was mid 60’s last year. Definitely a weakness. Glad to see him shooting it better so far this year

Until last night when he was 5-9 and missed 3 in a row.  Hopefully just a bad night.

I completely agree with you. The one thing I would add is he has no clue what it was like pre one and done. That rule changed when he was 13. He just throws random things out as fact hoping things will stick. He has no clue the differences in game how big or small. I don’t see Joe at 12 years old watching the amount of basketball and understanding it as most here. This is just another fact based opinion he is looking for a reaction. Like people in the Jordan vs Lebron discussion. People romanticize what they grew up with. The teams now are not very different than what they were ten years ago. The rules are mainly the same. He is just throwing **** against the wall to see what sticks and to see who he can annoy.

I remember a little. But my opinion is based on what I’ve seen over the last decade. And when it comes to the NBA, teams are very different. The game is obviously very different as it’s going back towards the 80’s where scoring is key priority over defense.

I still enjoy college basketball. All the upsets and rivalries and loyalty of fans. The atmospheres give it a great vibe that the NBA can’t match. But the NBA is great too. But at the same time I can acknowledge that quality on the court has went down. And the NBA is getting younger it seems. I don’t think it’s colleges faults for players not being ready for the NBA because some of the players don’t look ready for college. I think it starts in HS and earlier where so many are coddled and told their the greatest since sliced bread. But I still very much enjoy CBB. I just think the quality has went down and feel standards should be a little bit higher.