Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Purdue is a first half team. Against Texas and again tonight they looked in control in the 1st then collapsed. They have 14pts in the 2nd half with 1:14 to play! Way to close strong toilet-makers!

Good thing pu got out of the gates strong...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

10 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Providence shot 22-72(30%), 8-35 from 3 (23%) emoji15.png

PureDoo shot 20-59(34%), 6-24(25%) AND 9-21(43%).

Wouldn't want to watch a PureDoo Providence game.

I know people talk Painter up and I think he is a fine coach. But you have to have a team to work with to have any chance. Purdue is a team that can’t retool instantly. They got lucky having a player in Edwards ready to take over when the roster turnover happened. They are a year out from Hunter I think and still need shooters surrounding him much like what their last couple of teams had. They are lacking that alpha, and that is what makes them go. They will be back, but this year I would not be surprised if they were a bubble in/out team.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Well, this is an interesting development.

The University of Memphis has declared James Wiseman ineligible for competition and are applying for reinstatement. Wiseman will be withheld from competition but will continue to practice.

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Well, this is an interesting development.

The University of Memphis has declared James Wiseman ineligible for competition and are applying for reinstatement. Wiseman will be withheld from competition but will continue to practice.

So does that mean they are forfeiting those games they played him in

It would seem so unless the NCAA subsequently gives in and says he was eligible after all.

I would think so as well. I just don’t get why he didn’t take his few games and be done with it. He is a star. He would have got a couple of games tops. Now they will want to make a point.

Arizona, Uof6, L$U, puke, Dook, and many others to Memphis: “amateurs”

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

What does the ncaa say they are doing or not doing to these schools that have been proven to have broken the rules?

People were talking about U6 getting the death penalty and yet 2 years later they are one of the favorites to win it all

What does the ncaa say they are doing or not doing to these schools that have been proven to have broken the rules?

People were talking about U6 getting the death penalty and yet 2 years later they are one of the favorites to win it all

They have the notice of violations. With the process of appeals and whatnot it will probably be next summer/early fall before they get their penalties. That’s been what was said on tv a couple of months ago.