Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Kentucky AD Mitch Barnhart is the chair of the Division I men’s basketball committee for the 2020-21 season. Barnhart will be the vice chair for the 2019-20 season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Kentucky AD Mitch Barnhart is the chair of the Division I men’s basketball committee for the 2020-21 season. Barnhart will be the vice chair for the 2019-20 season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Well that sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

New NCAA rules for D1 men's basketball:

1. One and done will now be mandatory
  2. No games will be played on college campuses
  3. Men's college basketball players will not be eligible for graduation from their corresponding university
  4. Fans attending games who have less than half their teeth will pay half price

Insanely good!

Change in leadership. Ie university president 
Not going to happen but it should

Something needs to happen. How our fans haven’t given up after 25 years is remarkable.

Tradition and the fanbase have been the only positives in IUBB in a long time.

What I don’t get is, Glass acted like we were going to make a hire that enables us to be Goliath, with recruiting and results. We aren’t exactly David either, but our approach thus far is just like 50 other big programs and not like the 10 that win and matter. He’s just selling lies and hoping Archie can strike gold. I certainly am not buying into the Glass, IUBB hype train, the University is trying to sell.

I know this, if Archie turns us into a Michigan State, Virginia, Villanova type team I’ll shower him with praise. Right now, I’m not seeing it.

Oh and because this is so negative of an outlook, I want to add, I love the personality of TJD, Franklin, and Brunk. TJD has that quiet confidence. Smart, etc.

Something needs to happen. How our fans haven’t given up after 25 years is remarkable.

Tradition and the fanbase have been the only positives in IUBB in a long time.

What I don’t get is, Glass acted like we were going to make a hire that enables us to be Goliath, with recruiting and results. We aren’t exactly David either, but our approach thus far is just like 50 other big programs and not like the 10 that win and matter. He’s just selling lies and hoping Archie can strike gold. I certainly am not buying into the Glass, IUBB hype train, the University is trying to sell.

I know this, if Archie turns us into a Michigan State, Virginia, Villanova type team I’ll shower him with praise. Right now, I’m not seeing it.

Oh and because this is so negative of an outlook, I want to add, I love the personality of TJD, Franklin, and Brunk. TJD has that quiet confidence. Smart, etc.

I think Archie, when hired, was considered to be one of the top young coaches in the game. (This is not an excuse just reality) He hasn’t lived up to that and needs to do better. I’m not sure we could land a coach that could get things done at an elite level without concessions. We currently don’t have the right environment for it.

48 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

How can you effect that?

I’ve written a letter expressing my displeasure and my wife went to a board meeting. 

At the end of the day if people stop accepting mediocrity both in athletics and academics then a change will occur but people are to content to accept it