Jump to content

Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

9 of the 12 people on the jury were women. Is there anything that can convince you someone accused of rape didn't do it? Because apparently going through trial and being found not guilty of every charge filed against them isn't enough for you. Not sure what else there is that could be done. 

 

The jury DID NOT find that he “didn’t do it.”

They found that there was not sufficient evidence to support proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Izzo supported him before he was found innocent. And no it’s pretty hard to convince me somebody is innocent when there’s video of it

The video certainly is a very bad look for him. But, the jury heard enough evidence over the course of the trial to outweigh it and find him not guilty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The video certainly is a very bad look for him. But, the jury heard enough evidence over the course of the trial to outweigh it and find him not guilty. 

Which doesn’t mean he didn’t do it. Just like Morgan Ellison saying he was innocent didn’t make him innocent like you claimed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brass Cannon said:

Which doesn’t mean he didn’t do it. 

Sure, he might have done it. Only him and the accused truly know. But when someone is found not guilty I feel comfortable enough saying they didn't do it, because otherwise you're in a situation where there's always doubt. It's almost impossible to prove a negative. If I was ever charged and then found not guilty of a crime I wouldn't want people to think "oh well he still might of done it". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Sure, he might have done it. Only him and the accused truly know. But when someone is found not guilty I feel comfortable enough saying they didn't do it, because otherwise you're in a situation where there's always doubt. It's almost impossible to prove a negative. If I was ever charged and then found not guilty of a crime I wouldn't want people to think "oh well he still might of done it". 

Well if there was video of you doing it I think you would have to understand why people would do it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Well if there was video of you doing it I think you would have to understand why people would do it

There is not a video of him "doing it". The video does not show any rape. If we're going to be precise with the "not guilty" vs. "innocent" then we should be precise here too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

There is not a video of him "doing it". The video does not show any rape. If we're going to be precise with the "not guilty" vs. "innocent" then we should be precise here too. 

It may not show actual rape but sure as hell shows a crime. Not to mention an eye witness saying the woman was yelling for help. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

It may not show actual rape but sure as hell shows a crime. Not to mention an eye witness saying the woman was yelling for help. 

 

The video is certainly a bad look for him. Either the jurors received evidence to counter the video, or they didn't want to convict because he's a former Michigan State basketball star and Flint native. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The video is certainly a bad look for him. Either the jurors received evidence to counter the video, or they didn't want to convict because he's a former Michigan State basketball star and Flint native. 

Or our criminal justice system is biased against rape victims

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

It's not biased. Rape is a hard crime to prove. 

Yeah it is. But somebody who still thinks Morgan Ellison got a raw deal and there’s nothing disreputable about repeatedly dragging a woman yelling help me into a motel room is probably never going to be able to admit that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Yeah it is. But somebody who still thinks Morgan Ellison got a raw deal and there’s nothing disreputable about repeatedly dragging a woman yelling help me into a motel room is probably never going to be able to admit that. 

Disreputable: not considered to be respectable in character or appearance.

You: "somebody who thinks there's nothing disreputable about ..."

Me, in two separate posts, before your above comment: "The video certainly is a bad look for him."

If you want to have a conversation then I'd be happy to have one. If you want to mischaracterize and/or completely ignore what I've said then I'm not interested. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

 

The jury DID NOT find that he “didn’t do it.”

They found that there was not sufficient evidence to support proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

 

I did not say that the jury found that he "didn't do it". I asked brass cannon if there was anything that would convince him that he didn't do it. Going through a two week trial and being found not guilty by a jury (one that's 75% woman, at that) is enough to convince me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Can we move it up to tomorrow? I've been ready since my High School track Season was over.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk


I’ve watched a couple teams play overseas tours so far this year. The ones that had a stream. Basketball season never really ends for me. I just recently rewatched most of last season (even the losses).


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jk34 said:

Unbelievable! What a scumbag.

Just another drop in the bucket/blip on the radar in MSU and Izzo’s program!  Multiple incidents over years and years...what a great culture he builds. Can’t wait for for the game day commentators to continue to ooze over how wonderful he is and how he builds such solid character in young men. No accountability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:


I’ve watched a couple teams play overseas tours so far this year. The ones that had a stream. Basketball season never really ends for me. I just recently rewatched most of last season (even the losses).


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

You are a better man than me....or a glutton for punishment, not sure which!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:


I’ve watched a couple teams play overseas tours so far this year. The ones that had a stream. Basketball season never really ends for me. I just recently rewatched most of last season (even the losses).


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Interesting. Any new thoughts or opinions after watching the season with some distance from it and probably a little more clarity (Langford’s injury, etc)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×