Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Change in leadership. Ie university president 
Not going to happen but it should

Something needs to happen. How our fans haven’t given up after 25 years is remarkable.

Tradition and the fanbase have been the only positives in IUBB in a long time.

What I don’t get is, Glass acted like we were going to make a hire that enables us to be Goliath, with recruiting and results. We aren’t exactly David either, but our approach thus far is just like 50 other big programs and not like the 10 that win and matter. He’s just selling lies and hoping Archie can strike gold. I certainly am not buying into the Glass, IUBB hype train, the University is trying to sell.

I know this, if Archie turns us into a Michigan State, Virginia, Villanova type team I’ll shower him with praise. Right now, I’m not seeing it.

Oh and because this is so negative of an outlook, I want to add, I love the personality of TJD, Franklin, and Brunk. TJD has that quiet confidence. Smart, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Something needs to happen. How our fans haven’t given up after 25 years is remarkable.

Tradition and the fanbase have been the only positives in IUBB in a long time.

What I don’t get is, Glass acted like we were going to make a hire that enables us to be Goliath, with recruiting and results. We aren’t exactly David either, but our approach thus far is just like 50 other big programs and not like the 10 that win and matter. He’s just selling lies and hoping Archie can strike gold. I certainly am not buying into the Glass, IUBB hype train, the University is trying to sell.

I know this, if Archie turns us into a Michigan State, Virginia, Villanova type team I’ll shower him with praise. Right now, I’m not seeing it.

Oh and because this is so negative of an outlook, I want to add, I love the personality of TJD, Franklin, and Brunk. TJD has that quiet confidence. Smart, etc.

I think Archie, when hired, was considered to be one of the top young coaches in the game. (This is not an excuse just reality) He hasn’t lived up to that and needs to do better. I’m not sure we could land a coach that could get things done at an elite level without concessions. We currently don’t have the right environment for it.

48 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

How can you effect that?

I’ve written a letter expressing my displeasure and my wife went to a board meeting. 

At the end of the day if people stop accepting mediocrity both in athletics and academics then a change will occur but people are to content to accept it 

I think Archie, when hired, was considered to be one of the top young coaches in the game. (This is not an excuse just reality) He hasn’t lived up to that and needs to do better. I’m not sure we could land a coach that could get things done at an elite level without concessions. We currently don’t have the right environment for it.

I agree here.

I actually think Crean could have won big if our AD and him were on the same page. He was in the mix with a lot of the $$$ recruits, but we rarely ever landed them. But he recruited them strongly. Including guys like Thon Maker, etc... Crean wanted to play the game imo but didn’t get the help he needed.

I honestly thought Archie would be more like Sean in a power conference. Was it not for the FBI sting, maybe he would be??? I don’t know. Sean is already outrecruiting Archie again despite all the doubt and legalities at Arizona.

Something tells me Indiana isn’t willing to do what it takes to make us truly dominant. And, I don’t know how I feel about that. I guess I’m proud of that, but not really.

Anyway, i like Archie and how he lives basketball and is competitive and such. But when guys like Chris Beard and Tony Bennett are doing what they are doing with less, I’m jealous.

If we aren’t going to get $ recruits we need a coach that can figure the rest out. There are examples of this every year, just not Archie yet.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

29 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I agree here.

I actually think Crean could have won big if our AD and him were on the same page. He was in the mix with a lot of the $$$ recruits, but we rarely ever landed them. But he recruited them strongly. Including guys like Thon Maker, etc... Crean wanted to play the game imo but didn’t get the help he needed.

I honestly thought Archie would be more like Sean in a power conference. Was it not for the FBI sting, maybe he would be??? I don’t know. Sean is already outrecruiting Archie again despite all the doubt and legalities at Arizona.

Something tells me Indiana isn’t willing to do what it takes to make us truly dominant. And, I don’t know how I feel about that. I guess I’m proud of that, but not really.

Anyway, i like Archie and how he lives basketball and is competitive and such. But when guys like Chris Beard and Tony Bennett are doing what they are doing with less, I’m jealous.

If we aren’t going to get $ recruits we need a coach that can figure the rest out. There are examples of this every year, just not Archie yet.

I think my main issue with Archie isn’t recruiting tbh

We lost games we had no excuse losing his first year keeping us from the NIT. 

Then his second year we basically forgot how to play basketball for like 2 months. And our player development has been atrocious. 

Overall other than missing a ball handler in 2019 I think the recruiting has been more than adequate. 

Now if we miss out on the 2021 treasure trove of talent because he ***** the bed again you will hear me complain about recruiting more. 

Basically if he’s going to be this lackluster of a coach he better start recruiting like Cal and Sean. 

36 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I think my main issue with Archie isn’t recruiting tbh

We lost games we had no excuse losing his first year keeping us from the NIT. 

Then his second year we basically forgot how to play basketball for like 2 months. And our player development has been atrocious. 

Overall other than missing a ball handler in 2019 I think the recruiting has been more than adequate. 

Now if we miss out on the 2021 treasure trove of talent because he ***** the bed again you will hear me complain about recruiting more. 

Basically if he’s going to be this lackluster of a coach he better start recruiting like Cal and Sean. 

I think this is fair and accurate. I don't care who you recruit (Wisconsin model) IF you win. 

IU hasn't had Final four talent the last 2 years, but they've had much better than 2 NIT wins total talent too. Archie needs to perform. Get better players or get more from the players you're getting. 

Maybe we ought to wait for actual results instead of freaking out about predictions. The national pundants are reacting to last year's record not taking into account the the abnormal amount of injury that this team endured.This squad will be a year older, hopefully healthy and have a chip on their shoulder. As much as I harped on Green last year he was a force to be reckoned with late and Smith could actually become consistent. I dont know of many people in the big who can handle a healthy DeRon down low.Add in the addition of another true big man in Brunk plus an all American Freshman and I believe this team will be much better then last year. Thompson was just getting healthy and was a factor late also. We have a nice point guard, who by the way was hurt, plus in Durham a junior all purpose guard that improved greatly last season. If and I know it's if things fall in to place this could be a very nice season. Hell who knows Jerome Hunter might even be and impact player like predicted.I'm not even close to giving up on Miller yet and don't give a s*** what people forecast this time of year.     
 Find your own cliff to jump off because I'm not ready!
GO HOOSIERS!!

Sure, and predictions often end up being wrong. BUT virtually every team gets a year older, adds pieces (recruits, transfers), etc. Each and every team can point to reasons why they will be better than predicted. Some will be right, some won’t.

These predictions try to factor these things and if we were building a giant we wouldn’t be projected 10th by anyone.

Just like every season, I’ll watch every minute of every game and hope that “team chemistry” or injuries were the reason we didn’t perform last season.

Also, losing the offseason, including projections, recruiting battles etc has an impact on how the program is viewed by recruits and their families. Nothing trumps winning on the court, of course, but winning the offseason creates momentum for the program. Being on the front of national magazines, etc... twitter...

Go Hoosiers!

The predictions of IU ending up in the bottom third of the conference are justifiable given that we lost our two best players/scorers, we haven't made the NCAA tournament in three seasons, and the in-coming class while good does not include any major difference makers like Romeo was projected to be. That being said, there is sufficient talent and experience on the 2019-20 squad to do better than projected. It is up to the players to play to their potential and to the coaching staff to figure out a way for the team to win the games they should win as well as win some that perhaps they should not. We will know soon enough what this season brings.

15 hours ago, HinnyHoosier said:

I want Archie to win. To bring IU back to perennial contention. I want this to happen because I love my team.

I also want it to happen so this board will find something the frick else to talk about.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Me too, having low expectations sucks. It can happen quickly though- just 2 short years ago all the Pur-dorks wanted to fire Painter and hire someone with more jowls and less charisma. Now they lay in their Mom's basement at night and imagine him wearing a kimono and winking at them....anyway my point is things can change in a hurry.  

Me too, having low expectations sucks. It can happen quickly though- just 2 short years ago all the Pur-dorks wanted to fire Painter and hire someone with more jowls and less charisma. Now they lay in their Mom's basement at night and imagine him wearing a kimono and winking at them....anyway my point is things can change in a hurry.  

That went from rational to disturbing very quickly.

Jon Rothstein

The NCAA has suspended DePaul's Dave Leitao for the first three games of the 2019-20 season for failing to promote an atmosphere of compliance, per release. Blue Demons' program has also been placed on probation for three years.

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/depaul-men-s-basketball-associate-head-coach-violated-ncaa-ethical-conduct-rules