Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

12 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Wade is reinstated as LSU coach

LSU has reinstated Will Wade as its men’s basketball coach. A statement from the school said Wade met with LSU and NCAA officials on Friday and denied any wrongdoing.

“I am humbled and grateful to be back at LSU,” Wade said.

Gary Parrish

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Completely unreal! It takes burning down 3 programs, adultery with an assistant’s wife, prostitution for players - and THEN - handing out bags of money in a car at a 7 eleven to have any consequences anymore (Pitino). The new rules post FBI scandal are there are no rules! 

5 hours ago, Deserthoozier said:

Completely unreal! It takes burning down 3 programs, adultery with an assistant’s wife, prostitution for players - and THEN - handing out bags of money in a car at a 7 eleven to have any consequences anymore (Pitino). The new rules post FBI scandal are they’re are no rules! 

Those consequences meant hiring a good up-and-coming coach and missing the tournament once. Whoop-dee-doo!

11 hours ago, Deserthoozier said:

Completely unreal! It takes burning down 3 programs, adultery with an assistant’s wife, prostitution for players - and THEN - handing out bags of money in a car at a 7 eleven to have any consequences anymore (Pitino). The new rules post FBI scandal are there are no rules! 

Unless you self report you always get a pass. 

3 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Hausner twins are transfering from Marquette

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

They are brothers, but I don't believe they're twins. 

This guy -- a Wisconsin writer -- seems to think Michigan State or Virginia is their next stop. I'm guessing both would have to sit out a year. If MSU is the choice, that's definitely true -- I don't think they have any scholarships remaining.

13 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

This guy -- a Wisconsin writer -- seems to think Michigan State or Virginia is their next stop. I'm guessing both would have to sit out a year. If MSU is the choice, that's definitely true -- I don't think they have any scholarships remaining.

One will be a senior and the other a sophomore. Both would require a scholarship to be available. So any school taking them would need 2 available scholarships. 

I stand corrected. For some reason. I was thinking twins. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Apparently Sam can't even grad transfer, so a school is going to have to waste 2 scholarships next year to get them. I'd be ok with Indiana doing that, but I don't think most would

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grad transfer or not they would use scholarships right?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

PLEASE, not MSU!

1 hour ago, yogisballin said:

Wow, Will Wade reinstated! This is why I say IU needs to go ahead and do what it needs to. Archie go get em, at all costs!!!

Only if the admistration will back him and the compliance office is willing to help find loopholes and not scream of a “rule” is broken.