Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

All the "way too early top 25's" are Big Ten Heavy...Lunardi has 9 Big Ten teams in and no IU on the bubble. I know we can't put too much stock into these things but man the Big Ten is going to be tough. I think this team can finish 8th in the Big Ten. Probably good for a 9/10 seed at best. 

I kind of like having no expectations or hype. We had way too much last year for a team that didn't even make the postseason the previous year. This could be like 2011-2012...Need the work eithic like Watford, Hulls, Sheehey, and Oladipo along with others had that summer. I know some point to Zeller as the main reason for the jump but those four guys got so much better. 

1 hour ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

All the "way too early top 25's" are Big Ten Heavy...Lunardi has 9 Big Ten teams in and no IU on the bubble. I know we can't put too much stock into these things but man the Big Ten is going to be tough. I think this team can finish 8th in the Big Ten. Probably good for a 9/10 seed at best. 

I kind of like having no expectations or hype. We had way too much last year for a team that didn't even make the postseason the previous year. This could be like 2011-2012...Need the work eithic like Watford, Hulls, Sheehey, and Oladipo along with others had that summer. I know some point to Zeller as the main reason for the jump but those four guys got so much better. 

Lunardi has Penn St in the tournament. Guess he is expecting them to make a jump. 

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26470446/get-it

I'm not a Bruce Pearl fan, but I agree with him about the double dribble. Of course it extends to other calls also.

From the Article
"The biggest point I want to make, and I'm sincere in this, I'm not just saying this because it's politically the right thing to say. There is human error involved in the game. Kids make mistakes, coaches make mistakes. Yes, officials will make mistakes. That's part of the game. Get over it," he said.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Iggy entering the draft. Big blow for Michigan next year

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Ouch that does hurt. Was really hoping to see his jump next year. Thought he could have been a first or second team All American type of player.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

14 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Iggy entering the draft. Big blow for Michigan next year

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Worse than that for Michigan:

Bradzekis, Matthews, and Poole are all entering the draft AND hiring an agent.

With the rule change for this year, that means that if they are drafted they cannot return (and very likely therefore means that Iggy and Matthews are gone) but if they aren't drafted they can return, even after having hired an agent.

12 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Worse than that for Michigan:

Bradzekis, Matthews, and Poole are all entering the draft AND hiring an agent.

With the rule change for this year, that means that if they are drafted they cannot return (and very likely therefore means that Iggy and Matthews are gone) but if they aren't drafted they can return, even after having hired an agent.

Well they can all come back so sounding the panic button is a little premature. Also they lost Wagner last year and never skipped a beat so if they only lose one of  them I fully expect them to still be top 3 in the league.  He is the best coach in the league followed probably by Painter. Purdue loses a lot also but will still be top 5 in the league or higher.

4 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26480272/michigan-freshman-brazdeikis-entering-nba-draft
Says his intent is to get drafted as high as possible

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Either way Beilein just reloads these days.  He has built that program into a machine and I am sure he has an incoming guy who will be the next Iggy. 

Either way Beilein just reloads these days.  He has built that program into a machine and I am sure he has an incoming guy who will be the next Iggy. 
You guys over hype the heck out of that guy imo. He is a good coach but not a great coach imo.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

Averaged 28 wins a year over the last four seasons. I would say that is very good.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Good like I said we agree. He falls short though keeping him from being great. Also to start this season like they did he ultimately failed in the end with nothing to show for it

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app