Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

2 minutes ago, BlueDevil2aHoosier said:

Some of y’all on here wanted Pearl before Arch was hired

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I remember his name coming up a decent amount on other boards after Sampson. I don’t remember him coming up in any remotely serious way after Crean. But your memory may be better than mine.

None of those guys are necessarily coming back. Herro is very likely gone and Hagans is more likely gone than not.

Those 2 are likely gone. I'd be shocked if Montgomery or Quickley leave though, and they were both top 15 recruits. Hagans should come back if he thinks he can improve his shot. Herro should probably go as his stock is high, and I'm not sure what he could do to get it higher next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Free Jurkin! said:

Kentucky could be set up really well for that next year as they'll have Quickley, Montgomery, and possibly Hagans and Herro back with a top class coming in. That's how they won Cal's only championship. That team had multiple sophomores who hadn't been quite good enough to declare as freshman.

Keion, please take a number!

They were an 8 seed in the tournament.

They were an 8 seed the year before, but the team with Towns was 38-0 before losing to Wisconsin. And that team that was an 8 seed figured it out at the end of the season and made it all the way to the finals. That team was awesome, returned most guys, and then added Towns, Booker, Lyles, and Ulis. That was an incredible team.

15 minutes ago, Free Jurkin! said:

Those 2 are likely gone. I'd be shocked if Montgomery or Quickley leave though, and they were both top 15 recruits. Hagans should come back if he thinks he can improve his shot. Herro should probably go as his stock is high, and I'm not sure what he could do to get it higher next year.

They could transfer seeking greener pastures elsewhere (pun not intended)

They were an 8 seed the year before, but the team with Towns was 38-0 before losing to Wisconsin. And that team that was an 8 seed figured it out at the end of the season and made it all the way to the finals. That team was awesome, returned most guys, and then added Towns, Booker, Lyles, and Ulis. That was an incredible team.

Yep good call.

Those guys don't play Brooks' position. I think he'll get plenty of playing time next year

And then go pro. Thats his plan were told.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, AKHoosier said:

Calipari is getting hammered on the UK boards right now.  I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he bolted that pressure cooker of a job this year for UCLA.

@KeionBrooks your thoughts here?

7 Elite 8 appearances in the last 10 years.  Imagine going after the coach for that.  Winning the tournament is hard folks. 

4 minutes ago, tyappleg said:

7 Elite 8 appearances in the last 10 years.  Imagine going after the coach for that.  Winning the tournament is hard folks. 

This is almost hard to believe/accept but IU’s last 7 Elite 8 appearances took place from 1976 to this year.  I actually regret looking that up.

17 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

This is almost hard to believe/accept but IU’s last 7 Elite 8 appearances took place from 1976 to this year.  I actually regret looking that up.

Yep. I would kill to have even half of the success Calipari has had at Kentucky.

And THIS....is why I've been preaching about seniors...experience...4 year guys.   Y'all are probably tired of it by now, but I also love to give evidence for why I think like I do, despite the arguments I've been hit with over the years.  Exhibit A, your honor :

https://sports.yahoo.com/one-for-the-aged-final-four-may-lack-starpower-but-its-bursting-at-the-seams-with-experience-025419225.html

And THIS....is why I've been preaching about seniors...experience...4 year guys.   Y'all are probably tired of it by now, but I also love to give evidence for why I think like I do, despite the arguments I've been hit with over the years.  Exhibit A, your honor :

https://sports.yahoo.com/one-for-the-aged-final-four-may-lack-starpower-but-its-bursting-at-the-seams-with-experience-025419225.html

Get old and stay old. People actually argue with you that’s not the way to win big? Every coach besides K and Cal use this formula or try

https://www.mlive.com/spartans/2018/04/michigan_state_in_position_to_1.html