Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

Watching Purdue-Virginia highlights, damn, this game was played at Mackey South. Deafening roar whenever Purdue scored, golf claps when Virginia did anything.

Tony Bennett even commented on playing a road game as a 1 seed.

There were a ton of Purdue fans in Louisville KY.

Didn’t Winston say in the post game interview that if wasn’t drawn up for him but he (Goins) just made a great play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure but I’ve seen them run that play for Goins before I thought. Looked like the same action. Now I’m intrigued I’m going to have to go back and watch that play and some film on the other plays to see

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Calipari is getting hammered on the UK boards right now.  I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he bolted this year for UCLA.

@KeionBrooks your thoughts here?

And they want......who, exactly? Let me guess, Billy Donovan, right? 

Not sure but I’ve seen them run that play for Goins before I thought. Looked like the same action. Now I’m intrigued I’m going to have to go back and watch that play and some film on the other plays to see

Either way, it was a great basketball IQ move by Goins to pop out for that shot

3 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Herro got schooled time and time again. Couldnt hang with Harper.

The thing is these kids Cal is getting shouldn't be one and dones. Herro, Hagans, and Johnson would improve as a player by staying one more year. I can't see any of them starting in the NBA next year. However, Cal brings in players for their spots meaning they won't get as much playing time. It just doesn't work. Would I take 4 final fours and 1 title from Archie Miller in ten years? YES!!!! But, if you told me he had that much talent I wouldn't be as happy. Like the 1990s Braves or the Colts with Manning. 

2 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

The thing is these kids Cal is getting shouldn't be one and dones. Herro, Hagans, and Johnson would improve as a player by staying one more year. I can't see any of them starting in the NBA next year. However, Cal brings in players for their spots meaning they won't get as much playing time. It just doesn't work. Would I take 4 final fours and 1 title from Archie Miller in ten years? YES!!!! But, if you told me he had that much talent I wouldn't be as happy. Like the 1990s Braves or the Colts with Manning. 

Yea, those three as juniors and seniors would be hard to beat. Im glad Herro didnt end up at Wisky.

I think Dook’s recent success in getting the top players over puke is hindering Cal. He’s a solid coach but can’t win with his players and then win with the other coaches players (great coach). I could see him bolting to SoCal far away from Dook and being able to land most of the west coast talent. I don’t think he’d leave puke just because the fans were angry, again.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Kentucky could be set up really well for that next year as they'll have Quickley, Montgomery, and possibly Hagans and Herro back with a top class coming in. That's how they won Cal's only championship. That team had multiple sophomores who hadn't been quite good enough to declare as freshman.

His team with Towns was good too and returned a lot with the Twins, WCS and Poythress. That team should have won and was one of the best teams we’ve seen on a court in a long time. Am all time great team that honestly shouldn’t have lost.

His team with Towns was good too and returned a lot with the Twins, WCS and Poythress. That team should have won and was one of the best teams we’ve seen on a court in a long time. Am all time great team that honestly shouldn’t have lost.

They were an 8 seed in the tournament.