Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

9 hours ago, Crimson and Cream said:

I took last week off to enjoy the first two rounds of craziness and was greatly disappointed

There was a point when all the games on were 15+ point differences. I gave up the main TV to my son to play fortnite. Booorrriiinnggg.  

35 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I agree, but I'd watch these boring games over any football game.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Are you trying to get people to react to you? Why do you keep posting this?

Michael Avenatti(Stormy Daniels lawyer) arrested for extortion attempt of Nike. Apparently co-conspirator was Mark Geragos(Kaps lawyer). They tried riding the trail of the big scandal... but when you try and get 20 million from Nike to stay quiet.... funny stuff. He was going to announce it all in a news conference... not now. CBB and twitter would have gone crazy for a minute.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
Wasnt he going to be president. Lol.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

If he’s interested I feel like we have to go for it 

And do what with Phinisee? We need kids at IU that hate to lose. Kira Lewis is as talented as any other kid on the transfer market but is he just looking at a landing spot for a few months?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

And do what with Phinisee? We need kids at IU that hate to lose. Kira Lewis is as talented as any other kid on the transfer market but is he just looking at a landing spot for a few months?

He’s going to sit out a year. Plus I would use him with Phinisee. Archie has used two PGs in the past 

I think Phinisee will be really good for us in time but he is consistently underwhelming to me this year. I expected it, but was hopeful it would be different.

Needs to try to get that Yogi jumper down. He’s fundamental, but doesn’t beat his man enough to cause a double. Just kind of plays his role.

DJ Carton will come in next year and be more dynamic from jump.

Prove me wrong Phin, please.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Phinisee needs to get stronger. He needs to work on his jump shot to be more consistent., and needs to be able to create off the dribble drive with either score or dish. Still saw a lot of good but I recall yogi struggling with similar things as a freshman so it’s possible Phinisee can get better. That being said, I think they really need another point guard, particularly one that is a dynamic dribble / drive / passer.
That and a big center who can rebound, block shots, and generally defend at a high level.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

3 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I think Phinisee will be really good for us in time but he is consistently underwhelming to me this year. I expected it, but was hopeful it would be different.

Needs to try to get that Yogi jumper down. He’s fundamental, but doesn’t beat his man enough to cause a double. Just kind of plays his role.

DJ Carton will come in next year and be more dynamic from jump.

Prove me wrong Phin, please.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

He's not gonna be a Yogi. Doesnt have the tools.

He's not gonna be a Yogi. Doesnt have the tools.

Few people would be “a Yogi” because he stood out with blinding speed and freakish strength for a PG.

If you’ll remember, Yogi struggled his freshman season. To say RP doesn’t have the tools is borderline irresponsible as a basketball fan, unless you specifically mean he won’t be the athlete or Yogi clone people unrealistically want him to be. He definitely has the tools to improve (and he will). His ceiling is high and he can be a 4 year stud.

Few people would be “a Yogi” because he stood out with blinding speed and freakish strength for a PG.

If you’ll remember, Yogi struggled his freshman season. To say RP doesn’t have the tools is borderline irresponsible as a basketball fan, unless you specifically mean he won’t be the athlete or Yogi clone people unrealistically want him to be. He definitely has the tools to improve (and he will). His ceiling is high and he can be a 4 year stud.

Rob is a hell of an athlete. In case no one remembers him jamming it against Northwestern? But he was outside the Top 100 as a recruit for a reason. Yogi was a 5 star recruit for a reason. Sure rankings can be wrong, but majority of the time they are saying something. Yogi had the “it” factor and the balls and shoulders to carry a program. Does Rob have that? Maybe. Yogi put the program on his back for 3 seasons after Zeller, Vic, Watford and Hulls left. And we got 2 NCAA tourneys out of it and a Sweet 16. Yogi was part of 3 of the 4 NCAA tourneys we’ve been to the last decade. Yogi was a very special CBB player and a vocal leader and lead by example. People need to slow their horses thinking Rob could be Yogi. Maybe remember back and understand how good Yogi was in his 4 years.

Rob is a hell of an athlete. In case no one remembers him jamming it against Northwestern? But he was outside the Top 100 as a recruit for a reason. Yogi was a 5 star recruit for a reason. Sure rankings can be wrong, but majority of the time they are saying something. Yogi had the “it” factor and the balls and shoulders to carry a program. Does Rob have that? Maybe. Yogi put the program on his back for 3 seasons after Zeller, Vic, Watford and Hulls left. And we got 2 NCAA tourneys out of it and a Sweet 16. Yogi was part of 3 of the 4 NCAA tourneys we’ve been to the last decade. Yogi was a very special CBB player and a vocal leader and lead by example. People need to slow their horses thinking Rob could be Yogi. Maybe remember back and understand how good Yogi was in his 4 years.

Agreed. But he (Rob) still has the tools to lead this team. I believe we’ll be pleased as he gains experience, confidence, the team develops cohesiveness, and he can go concussion-less. As a freshman starting PG he had a lot working against him on top of Yogi being the measuring stick by which many people tried to measure him.

1 hour ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Agreed. But he (Rob) still has the tools to lead this team. I believe we’ll be pleased as he gains experience, confidence, the team develops cohesiveness, and he can go concussion-less. As a freshman starting PG he had a lot working against him on top of Yogi being the measuring stick by which many people tried to measure him.

IMO, Rob and Yogi are vastly different point guards.  First and foremost is shooting ability.  Yogi was a good shooter who became a very good one.  Thus far Rob is a mediocre one, but can certainly become better.  Yogi was much quicker.  Rob can get to the rim better but needs to finish, which I think he can and will.  Personally I feel Rob can be a better PG in a pass first role, Yogi better as a shoot first one.

Rob has a ways to go to be sure, but for me he's the one existing player on the team that I feel confident about improving.

This is Rob’s team for the next 3 years no doubt.