Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

4 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

That’s why I thought people picking the Yale upset of LSU would be off. LSU has a ton of talent and CAN win big. The issue is whether they can maintain over multiple games.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Waters is really good too. Plus in the tourney, it seems you need good guard play. But I do think it makes a difference not having your head coach. 

Waters is really good too. Plus in the tourney, it seems you need good guard play. But I do think it makes a difference not having your head coach. 

Absolutely it makes a difference but I think there’s just too much talent on that roster to completely fold. Now, I think when they play a team equal or greater in talent they’ll get beat handily.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Why do they not call the block on stuff like that?! It would ultimately help to make the block/charge call easier to make.

Or just get rid of the block charge call all together. You either contest the shot or get out of the way. There would still be offensive fouls and the verticality rule would still exist, but you couldn’t just step into a players path, fall down and get rewarded. It’d automatically be a defensive foul like it is everywhere else on the court.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The way I understand the rule is correct but they’re not calling it correctly. When a player gathers to go up you have to be set but the refs call some charges or make no calls with the defender still sliding over. If they’re concerned about injury... but hey we have the hook and hold