Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Heading to the First 4 and someone posted some places to eat at around Dayton last week. If anyone is from the that area please give me some suggestions. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Marion’s Pizza is a local favorite just not super close to the stadium.

Ladder 11 is right off the UD campus and is a converted firehouse.

If you just want something cheaper and with more variety + tv’s Milano’s is also pretty popular

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

If you just want something cheaper and with more variety + tv’s Milano’s is also pretty popular

Thanks for the suggestions. We are going to try out Ladder 11

1 hour ago, HoosierDYT said:

Love me some Marions

7 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Not sure how it shows on TV but this place is packed.  Great atmosphere 

It showed in the 16 seed game when there were maybe 1,000 people there. If you were opposite the main camera, you should've waved to us.

Edit: I know that the NCAA lazily keep the first 4 in Dayton cuz the original play-in was in Dayton. They should really move the first 4 to Indy at Hinkle or the Fieldhouse if they can work with the NBA. It would be easier for fans of the play in teams to get to the game along with all the Indiana die-hards that just want to watch basketball.

It showed in the 16 seed game when there were maybe 1,000 people there. If you were opposite the main camera, you should've waved to us.
Edit: I know that the NCAA lazily keep the first 4 in Dayton cuz the original play-in was in Dayton. They should really move the first 4 to Indy at Hinkle or the Fieldhouse if they can work with the NBA. It would be easier for fans of the play in teams to get to the game along with all the Indiana die-hards that just want to watch basketball.

Trust me there were more people then that here. Maybe not in the lower areas where the camera is but the upper part above us was full

They get new seats in the last couple years? I was at the tourney when we played there in ‘13 and it did not look like that. 

Yeah they have renovated each year and looks like they are not done. After this year they are adding more newer seats. It’s a really nice arena

10 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Yeah they have renovated each year and looks like they are not done. After this year they are adding more newer seats. It’s a really nice arena

It was pretty nice when we went, looks better now. I imagine the NCAA is sliding them a nice check to keep that up.

I would’ve given my first born to sit up in the Flight Deck section. Looks like IU took that club-level idea from them. 

It was pretty nice when we went, looks better now. I imagine the NCAA is sliding them a nice check to keep that up.
I would’ve given my first born to sit up in the Flight Deck section. Looks like IU took that club-level idea from them. 

If you ever go to the first 4 they sell tickets up there for the ncaa experience. We almost did it this year. Tickets are a little more