Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

On 3/17/2019 at 2:52 PM, HoosierAloha said:

I guess that’s why I like Walton so much. I see it everywhere but it’s like they read of a script or have an agenda. If X happens then you need to push Y. In this game, we need you to talk about why player X is so good at doing Y even if he never does Y in the game.

Walton just babbles and says whatever he wants to about whatever he wants.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Truth! Walton is refreshing because he makes it up on the go, rambles on about nothings, but doesn’t kowtow to anyone’s agenda. He sets his own, and he’s a decent dude!

23 hours ago, OliviaPope40 said:

God I hope they get the heck fined out of them along with loss of scholarships and many other things.

Men’s basketball and football have  been publicly exonerated by the NCAA!

39 minutes ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Oh wow what a heck of a hire for Nebraska. Man the football program must have loaned the basketball program some $ for this one.

Seems unusual they leak so quickly before NIT. I kinda liked Tim Miles.  Seemed to have a bit of Crean in em, but more in touch with it and more genuine.

Truth! Walton is refreshing because he makes it up on the go, rambles on about nothings, but doesn’t kowtow to anyone’s agenda. He sets his own, and he’s a decent dude!

I’ve never met the dude but he seems like a great person. He wants what’s best for the players, coaches, and schools. He knows what’s going on in modern college ball and doesn’t need to hide behind the ESPN script to be signed on for another year.

He would be in my top 5 to get high as a kite and listen to his stories.

Curious...anyone having a hard time picking upsets? Only ones I am seeing so far are Murray State and Seton Hall. Looking for at least three more. Any advice? Yale over LSU? I think this tournament will be like the ones from 2007-2009. College basketball seems really top heavy. I don't see a cinderella this year. 

Curious...anyone having a hard time picking upsets? Only ones I am seeing so far are Murray State and Seton Hall. Looking for at least three more. Any advice? Yale over LSU? I think this tournament will be like the ones from 2007-2009. College basketball seems really top heavy. I don't see a cinderella this year. 

I think Nevada and Tennessee end up going down early. I could see Auburn losing early if they’re not hitting too. Wiscy kind of stumbled down the stretch too. Kenny Wooten, if not in foul trouble, will give Happ fits.

Take a long look at UC-Irvine and Northeastern

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Agree with those. Kansas limped down the stretch and Kansas State may be without Wade. UC-Irvine is a 30 game winner for a reason. I also like Yale over LSU. LSU just has too big of a dark cloud surrounding their program and Yale will out execute them. Personally, I’m a big fan of Vermont. High IQ, don’t turn the ball over, shoot well, defend, have a star in Lamb and have an Indiana kid running the show (along with his 2 brothers). Most importantly, they’ve been here before so the stage won’t be too big for them. Unfortunately Florida State is without a doubt the best 4 seed and have been playing well of late so it’s gonna be tough but I think Vermont plays them tight and can squeak out a win. I have Vermont in my Elite 8 if I’m being honest. Reason being is that Marquette/Murray don’t defend and I have Zags getting bounced by Syracuse (getting Tyus Battle back). Other than that, I could see A LOT of chalk in this year’s tourney. 

For me looking seeds 11 and down. Best upsets to really look at.
East:
Belmont over Maryland if Belmont beats Temple.

West:
St. John’s over Buffalo if they beat Zona St.
Murray State over Marquette.

South:
Saint Mary’s over Villanova
Oregon over Wisconsin
UC Irvine over Kansas State
Gardner Webb over Virginia(lol just kidding)

Midwest:
New Mexico State over Auburn

Now if you’re look at the absolute best bets for seeds 11 and lower to win(not that they actually will or even comes close...
11- St. John’s
12- Murray State
13- UC Irvine
14- Old Dominion
15- Montana or Colgate
16- Prairie View or Gardner Webb

My personal favorites are New Mexico State and UC Irvine. Two schools that have been very good recently.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

I actually have UC Irvine in the Sweet 16. Huge loss to Kansas State with Wade being doubtful. All they have to do is focus on Brown. Same with Wisconsin in the round of 32. Slow Happ down and they have nothing. Looks like UC-Irvine is a run and gun team who plays decent defense. They have won a lot of games in a row (builds confidence). Don't know if they have the horses to beat Virginia. I took Kansas over Northeastern. They are still talented and have some motivation to play home games in the Sweet 16. 

2 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

I think Nevada and Tennessee end up going down early. I could see Auburn losing early if they’re not hitting too. Wiscy kind of stumbled down the stretch too. Kenny Wooten, if not in foul trouble, will give Happ fits.

I could see all of those happening. Nevada didn't live up to the hype. Florida could take care of them, if not Michigan will. Tennessee is iffy. I think they make it to the Elite 8 but that Cincy game could scare them. This same team lost to Loyola last year. Auburn is playing really well and I think has a legit shot at the final four. Oregon could knock off Wisconsin easily. If not for a Bol Bol injury Oregon would be a top 16 team. I think Wisconsin will not make it to the Sweet 16. 

59 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Agree with those. Kansas limped down the stretch and Kansas State may be without Wade. UC-Irvine is a 30 game winner for a reason. I also like Yale over LSU. LSU just has too big of a dark cloud surrounding their program and Yale will out execute them. Personally, I’m a big fan of Vermont. High IQ, don’t turn the ball over, shoot well, defend, have a star in Lamb and have an Indiana kid running the show (along with his 2 brothers). Most importantly, they’ve been here before so the stage won’t be too big for them. Unfortunately Florida State is without a doubt the best 4 seed and have been playing well of late so it’s gonna be tough but I think Vermont plays them tight and can squeak out a win. I have Vermont in my Elite 8 if I’m being honest. Reason being is that Marquette/Murray don’t defend and I have Zags getting bounced by Syracuse (getting Tyus Battle back). Other than that, I could see A LOT of chalk in this year’s tourney. 

Really like your post. Kansas State is toast without Wade. I know they won without him last year but UC Irvine is a bad matchup. Kansas could be dangerous if they make it to Kansas City but I don't see that either. I like Vermont too but Florida State is deep and has a nice frontcourt. I'm from Evansville so seeing the Duncan brothers make it far would be cool. Florida State could make it to the final four-Gonzaga has a tough battle with Syracuse.  LSU reminds me of IU in 2008. Just too big of a dark cloud. I think LSU has the talent to make it to the round of 32. But Maryland/Belmont/Temple will beat them. I too see a lot of chalk. Look back at the '07-'09 Elite 8 and Final Fours. Lots of 1,2,and 3 seeds. BTW-a WTF fact about Duke...they have only won in Minneapolis and Indianapolis. 3 in Indy, 2 in Minny. Guess where the Final Four is this year...

LSU seems to be like IU in regards to playing hard, they just have a lot more talent. I think Yale frustrates them by executing and forcing LSU to guard them but in the end Yale can’t handle their raw talent. The NCAA could have a say in that though.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Heading to the First 4 and someone posted some places to eat at around Dayton last week. If anyone is from the that area please give me some suggestions. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Not that I have to say it but enjoy yourself sir.