Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Yep. About to be 4-6

Yes but as far as the teams we’re jostling for position in that Last 4 In have all won. Somehow people still think Texas is a first round bye team at 16-15 and Florida in at 17-14 (3-11 vs Quad 1 and 2 Quad 3 losses). How those teams are ahead of IU I have no idea.

1 minute ago, jbell833 said:

Yes but as far as the teams we’re jostling for position in that Last 4 In have all won. Somehow people still think Texas is a first round bye team at 16-15 and Florida in at 17-14 (3-11 vs Quad 1 and 2 Quad 3 losses). How those teams are ahead of IU I have no idea.

If those two fall out then we move in. It’s not just the last 4 in whose spot we can take. And last 4 in according to who?  

2 of the 3 brackets from last year have us as a 12 already 

If those two fall out then we move in. It’s not just the last 4 in whose spot we can take. And last 4 in according to who?  
2 of the 3 brackets from last year have us as a 12 already 

Honestly it really doesn’t matter what these other teams on the bubble do. IU controls their path. IU lacks overall wins. They have the SOS, quad 1 wins, 0 bad losses. The only thing holding them back is overall record. If IU gets more overall wins (19-15 ) they will jump everyone of these teams listed. If they don’t they will be playing in the NIT

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Honestly it really doesn’t matter what these other teams on the bubble do. IU controls their path. IU lacks overall wins. They have the SOS, quad 1 wins, 0 bad losses. The only thing holding them back is overall record. If IU gets more overall wins (19-15 ) they will jump everyone of these teams listed. If they don’t they will be playing in the NIT

I think our roof is 18 wins. No way we’re gonna beat MSU a 3rd time. Unless Michigan pulls off the upset in East Lansing I don’t like our chances at all.

IU will get in at either 18-15 or 19-15

More then likely 18-15 gets IU into the field. Probably as a last 4 team in. Then what normally happens those spots get taken by bid stealers and the last 4 bye teams move to Dayton. In other words if IU ends up 18-15 they need to cheer for the 1 seeds. If they get to 19-15 lock it up they are in. When IU was 12-2 and 3-0 in B1G all they had to do was win 6 more games to be a lock. I preached all the way back then that 9-11 would of locked up a bid. They can only get to 8-12 now. Crazy a difference one game can make

8 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

I think our roof is 18 wins. No way we’re gonna beat MSU a 3rd time. Unless Michigan pulls off the upset in East Lansing I don’t like our chances at all.

I think we have a better chance of beating MSU a third time than beating Michigan at all.

More then likely 18-15 gets IU into the field. Probably as a last 4 team in. Then what normally happens those spots get taken by bid stealers and the last 4 bye teams move to Dayton. In other words if IU ends up 18-15 they need to cheer for the 1 seeds. If they get to 19-15 lock it up they are in. When IU was 12-2 and 3-0 in B1G all they had to do was win 6 more games to be a lock. I preached all the way back then that 9-11 would of locked up a bid. They can only get to 8-12 now. Crazy a difference one game can make

Any chance the committee looks at our play down the stretch and see we had several closes losses on final possession to good teams. We could easily be 19-11 right now had we closed out the OSU, Iowa, and Purdue game.

Any chance the committee looks at our play down the stretch and see we had several closes losses on final possession to good teams. We could easily be 19-11 right now had we closed out the OSU, Iowa, and Purdue game.

no they don’t consider how you are playing in the last 12 games anymore like they had done in years past. Can’t hurt to be playing your best down the stretch and having close losses but they won’t weight it any different.

That really doesn’t make any sense. We might have had the #1 overall seed in 12-13 with the new system. But a teams ending to the season is important. The roster going into the tourney is important if it isn’t playing as well as a healthy roster. So many things the NCAA is screwing up. Like having only one system as if it’s the freaking Highlander. But we are all pretty used to watching the NCAA continually screw so much up.

Call them and tell them their way is wrong maybe they will let you take over the selection process