Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jon Rothstein - 

Michigan State's Nick Ward is out indefinitely with a hairline fracture in his left hand, per release. No timetable for return, but hopes to be back by the end of the regular season. Injury happened Sunday vs. Ohio State.

Never want a player to get hurt, but if MSU went into Assembly Hall at less than full strength I wouldn't complain.  I mean IU will quit at the first bit of adversity if they bother showing up at all, but still.

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jon Rothstein - 

Michigan State's Nick Ward is out indefinitely with a hairline fracture in his left hand, per release. No timetable for return, but hopes to be back by the end of the regular season. Injury happened Sunday vs. Ohio State.

Ouch... that could hurt their final four chances. 

7 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Impressive watching McQuaid’s defense improving over a course of 4 years. He has turned a weakness into a strength. He is a solid defender. Sparty up 3 with 7 min to go

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yea, Izzo has routinely put him on the other teams best scorer

What’s this thread doing buried down so low? Illinois at Wisconsin is a pretty good game. I hate to say it but I really enjoy watching the Illanoisaneye play. They go balls out 40 min. They are weak offensively and Frazier takes many, many bad shots imo but, they compete man. Wisky probably takes this one at home (do they have road games?). But Illinois has certainly controlled the pace.

And yet another momentous bad call. Illinois sets a screen on the low block for Frazier coming on a baseline curl. Davidson from Wisky launches himself, head first into the screener’s chest and blasts the kid 3’ back......offensive foul, Badger ball. SMH

10 minutes ago, cappymo14 said:

What’s this thread doing buried down so low? Illinois at Wisconsin is a pretty good game. I hate to say it but I really enjoy watching the Illanoisaneye play. They go balls out 40 min. They are weak offensively and Frazier takes many, many bad shots imo but, they compete man. Wisky probably takes this one at home (do they have road games?). But Illinois has certainly controlled the pace.

Underwood is a terrific Coach. I’ve seen him knocked by a couple of folks on this board. That’s just nuts. Right now the talent’s not there. But nobody in the conference is any better at creating exploitable matchups. I watch Illinois just to watch Underwood work the game. As an IU fan, I really, really hope their Admin loses patience and makes a move. If they don’t, he’ll get that deal fixed.

Underwood is a terrific Coach. I’ve seen him knocked by a couple of folks on this board. That’s just nuts. Right now the talent’s not there. But nobody in the conference is any better at creating exploitable matchups. I watch Illinois just to watch Underwood work the game. As an IU fan, I really, really hope their Admin loses patience and makes a move. If they don’t, he’ll get that deal fixed.

I completely agree. Though the talent isn’t there maybe to run what they want effectively, you can clearly see that what they want, is indeed there more often than not. I don’t know what other people see, but I see a 15 loss team that plays extremely hard all game, all positions. Absolutely depressing to think what IU could have been with even half the effort the Illinois kids give night after night.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app