Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Hoo boy Purdue - Nojel Eastern's mother is on their message board again:

Hmmmmmmm wonder who those players are why Matt Haarms decided to transfer. Better hope there is a summer workout season for the incoming freshman. Easy to blame others for a player decision to leave. Being home allows time to reflect doing soul searching and thinking about your future.

I think he’ll go. He probably should. Stock, whatever it is won’t ever be higher.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

An even better reason to return. He has no stock. At best a 2nd rounder. Won’t change by coming back. Might as well return and be a star and the front runner for NPOY with a chance to win the Big Ten.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

An even better reason to return. He has no stock. At best a 2nd rounder. Won’t change by coming back. Might as well return and be a star and the front runner for NPOY with a chance to win the Big Ten.

Or he could go make 6 or 7 figures and provide for his loved ones

4 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Even getting drafted in the 2nd round doesn’t guarantee anything. He’d be best served to return. He has no reason to leave.

Best served by your metrics. His are what mattered. Thomas Bryant got drafted in the Second round and it worked out pretty well for him. 

Best served by your metrics. His are what mattered. Thomas Bryant got drafted in the Second round and it worked out pretty well for him. 

Sure after awhile. Bryant also has a high motor. So it was no surprise. He still should have returned another year. He had 1st round potential.

12 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Sure after awhile. Bryant also has a high motor. So it was no surprise. He still should have returned another year. He had 1st round potential.

I always felt Bryant leaving had more to do with Crean getting fired than feeling pressure to start making money. In hindsight, it probably wasn't the worst choice, considering the alternative would have been a year of trying to learn Archie's overly complicated pack-line defense. 

I always felt Bryant leaving had more to do with Crean getting fired than feeling pressure to start making money. In hindsight, it probably wasn't the worst choice, considering the alternative would have been a year of trying to learn Archie's overly complicated pack-line defense. 

Would have been huge for Archie though to have Newkirk, Johnson, Morgan and Bryant as starters. But I definitely think he felt he had to leave. Same with JBJ. Because neither needed to.