Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Agree. Rutgers stays strong, maybe gets better. Illinois will be fine if Cockburn returns, maybe really good. Is Kaleb Wesson returning? Gosh, I hope not. MSU will be good. Purdue will be better. We should be better.

I think Wisky, MSU, and maybe Iowa look to be preseason top 3. I think Wisky overperformed. Let’s see if they do it again? Garza was a beast. Will he return?

Michigan, OSU, Indiana, Illinois, Rutgers all could be threats.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Wisconsin will be in a good spot as all but Pritzl return. If they don’t win the Big Ten next season, I don’t know. It’ll be Gards best team. Reuvers, Trice, Ford, Anderson, Davison and Potter are all Seniors. Those guys pulled in a ton of minutes this past season outside of Pritzl and King, who are both gone.
I think Rocket Watts is going to take over and they will be just fine for the scumbag that coaches. Langford could be returning along with Tillman. A starting 5 of Watts, Langford, Henry, Tillman and Bingham is going to compete.
Iowa... can they play defense? That’ll be the difference between them being a Top 10 team if Garza returns or continuing to be an average Top 35 team. Even without Garza, Franny can coach an offense featuring a wing player like Wiescamp. He’s proven that with Marble, Uthoff and Jok. Wieskamp is the best NBA prospect off the roster if you had to pick one. Time for him to step up for them.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

So if Virginia wins it all next year do we consider them a repeat

Virginia will be interesting next season. They lose their two best players in Diakite and Key. But return Clark and Huff. Morsell will have a year under his belt. They bring in a couple good freshmen. And Sam Hauser is eligible to play.

On 3/31/2020 at 4:19 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Pretty scathing article from Rob Dauster on Billy Gillispie's hiring by Tarleton State.  Tom Coverdale gets a mention in the article.

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2020/03/31/tarleton-states-decision-to-hire-billy-gillispie-is-shameful/

I'm not the Basketball junky some of you are, but I'm pretty sure I am at least as aware as the average NCAA b-ball fan. I don't recall ever hearing the name "Tarleton State"......oh wait, did Grant Gelon transfer there for a couple weeks? 

2 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

I'm not the Basketball junky some of you are, but I'm pretty sure I am at least as aware as the average NCAA b-ball fan. I don't recall ever hearing the name "Tarleton State"......oh wait, did Grant Gelon transfer there for a couple weeks? 

I had never heard of it until now. It's located in Stephenville, Texas and has been part of the Texas A&M system since 1917. 

On 3/28/2020 at 2:52 PM, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

In the right system you can make that work. But it’s literally only limited to being a very poor mans Montrezl Harrell.

What I want from a player like this is three blocked shots, three fouls, three rebounds and two monster dunks to pump the crowd in 8 minutes of relief.  Also a big banger in practice as a prep guy.

On 3/31/2020 at 7:49 PM, Brass Cannon said:

So if Virginia wins it all next year do we consider them a repeat

Had there been no season, they would still be the defending NC.  There was a season and the tourney didn't happen so the NC is open.

VA will be the "last team to win a tournament" although VA fans will have a different take.

9 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

I had never heard of it until now. It's located in Stephenville, Texas and has been part of the Texas A&M system since 1917. 

Thought I saw that they were moving up to D1 this year, eligible for NCAA tourney 2024(?)

Had there been no season, they would still be the defending NC.  There was a season and the tourney didn't happen so the NC is open.
VA will be the "last team to win a tournament" although VA fans will have a different take.

It’s very much up to interpretation but they would have to be the defending national champions no? When deciding who the defending champion is you go back to the previous tourney. When that tourney doesn’t happen you go to the previous one. That would make UVA the defending champion. The regular season doesn’t crown the national champion.

All just my opinion but passes the logic test for me.