Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

55 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Watching IU/VCU now. It's one of those hour condensed versions. Not sure I understand why they can't just show the whole game. I can't imagine they currently have a glut of programming.  ... The thing I remember about that game is we kept setting all those high ball screens for Jordy. And the screener's man would just stick with Jordy on a double team -- and he really struggled to beat it. It was painful to watch -- because it happened over and over and over. 

What a game!

Cody and Vic were extraordinary; Jordy and Christian not so much. Some real quality second half minutes from Remy Abel and Big Pritch, and a nerves of steel game winner from Will Sheehey. 

What a game!
Cody and Vic were extraordinary; Jordy and Christian not so much. Some real quality second half minutes from Remy Abel and Big Pritch, and a nerves of steel game winner from Will Sheehey. 

Watford’s shooting kept them in striking distance at the end of the half. Would of loved to seen a junior and senior Remy at IU

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I assume it's solely for feedback. If the NBA is willing to give him feedback and he comes back to school, it makes sense.

Does it? Really this is just a massive waste of time for so many people. Because every one of these kids will be told they aren’t ready and to work on some things that their coach should already be telling them. If you’re an underclassmen and you are on literally zero radars for the NBA, don’t waste anyone else’s time. How many players come back way better? Just look at the IU players that went and did it. Green, Durham and Smith. Did it help them any? Did they drastically improve anywhere? Nope. All still struggled with the main problem from the season before. Consistency.

I've started to wonder if part of the reason we're seeing more players declare for the draft and "test the waters" is because they aren't the best students and don't think their college degrees will really get them anywhere, so they're hoping against all hope they can extend their basketball careers beyond college as long as it leads to income. 

Your takes on this are exceptionally ridiculous. If it was that big of a waste of time, no one would have agreed to the rule. It’s professional development learning from the best in the world AT WORST.  Who wouldn’t do that if given the opportunity?

Are you saying that if you had the opportunity to get feedback from Gordon Ramsay - even though you may never work in a 5-star kitchen - you wouldn’t do it?

Probably not. But that’s because I don’t want to work at that level. Its awful enough where I am already.

Your takes on this are exceptionally ridiculous. If it was that big of a waste of time, no one would have agreed to the rule. It’s professional development learning from the best in the world AT WORST.  Who wouldn’t do that if given the opportunity?

Are you saying that if you had the opportunity to get feedback from Gordon Ramsay - even though you may never work in a 5-star kitchen - you wouldn’t do it?

Was it worth typing that out when you knew the answer beforehand?

9 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

ELITE 8!!!!
IMG_3114.jpg

Man, still haven't decided if these simulated tournaments are a fun thing to pass the time or just make me even more sad that the real thing got cancelled right when IU finally got in? Guess I shouldn't complain... but also, f*ck you, corona!! :(

23 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

#4 on this list Alex O'Connell with an indication we've expressed interest.  If you read the fine print, you'll note he's from Milton, GA -- does the name Bruce Thornton ring any bells?   Same high school and we were mentioned with interest in Thornton by Rivals and I just posted some info on him in the '22 recruiting thread.  

6 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

#4 on this list Alex O'Connell with an indication we've expressed interest.  If you read the fine print, you'll note he's from Milton, GA -- does the name Bruce Thornton ring any bells?   Same high school and we were mentioned with interest in Thornton by Rivals and I just posted some info on him in the '22 recruiting thread.  

Nice detective work!

So, apparently we’ve got a connection with that program.