Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Interesting Stat:

A year ago, 14 mid-major players who averaged in double-figures during the 18-19 season opted to grad transfer to power conferences.

None averaged in double-figures last season.

Jon Rothstein

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Carlik Jones from Redford to grad transfer, per Brian Snow.

This kid, right here. That’s all I’m sayin’. It won’t happen, particularly after Lander, but he’s better than Phinisee. 

24 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Interesting Stat:

A year ago, 14 mid-major players who averaged in double-figures during the 18-19 season opted to grad transfer to power conferences.

None averaged in double-figures last season.

Jon Rothstein

This is interesting, for sure. But I feel like it might be misleading. Is he saying that there were only 14 mid-major players who avg double figures who transferred to power 5 and none avg double figures? Or is he saying OF ALL of those transfers who avg double figures, 14 of them did not do that at their power 5 school? 

10 minutes ago, HoosierCoop said:

That would have been nice if he would've followed Archie...

I'm not sure Archie had anything to do with him. I'm pretty sure Anthony Grant was responsible for him being at Dayton. Seems as if he was a little like Oladipo -- a totally UTR recruit who really blossomed in college. 

11 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I'm not sure Archie had anything to do with him. I'm pretty sure Anthony Grant was responsible for him being at Dayton. Seems as if he was a little like Oladipo -- a totally UTR recruit who really blossomed in college. 

I think I read that he was an Anthony Davis-type that grew really fast really late in high school. 

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Hoosiers playing Duke in the 2002 NCAA tournament is on cbssports network right now.
IU/VCU from 2012 is on BTN at noon

Watching IU/VCU now. It's one of those hour condensed versions. Not sure I understand why they can't just show the whole game. I can't imagine they currently have a glut of programming.  ... The thing I remember about that game is we kept setting all those high ball screens for Jordy. And the screener's man would just stick with Jordy on a double team -- and he really struggled to beat it. It was painful to watch -- because it happened over and over and over. 

19 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Watching IU/VCU now. It's one of those hour condensed versions. Not sure I understand why they can't just show the whole game. I can't imagine they currently have a glut of programming.  ... The thing I remember about that game is we kept setting all those high ball screens for Jordy. And the screener's man would just stick with Jordy on a double team -- and he really struggled to beat it. It was painful to watch -- because it happened over and over and over. 

Its just whatever BTN had already prepared for summer replays in year's past when they have school themed days to pass the time before football season starts.

A comprehensive poll of CBB coaches favorite TV shows and movies. Time to play (insert your own joke here). BTW, Archie's picks were a series called Narcos on Netflix for TV and Kingpin for movie. Archie needs to come out at next fall's Hoosier Hysteria dressed as Roy Munson complete with hook.

https://watchstadium.com/this-is-what-college-hoops-coaches-like-to-watch-while-stuck-at-home-03-26-2020/