Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Watched the replay on tv of the home losses to Maryland and Wisconsin today. Crazy to look back at the slim margin between winning and losing. Smith shooting 3 FT and Maryland scoring 7 pts from the line during a 8 min-4min stretch to keep them close. Second chance pts in both games late were the difference. Difference between good teams and great teams are the ability to extend leads from the line when shots are not falling. Missed shots around the rim add up throughout the whole game. Can’t wait to see this team take the next step next year

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

26 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Missed shots around the rim add up throughout the whole game. 

Do they ever. I've never seen a team miss as many layups as this team did. We probably left at least 8-10 points on the floor every game from our inability to finish underneath. 

Interesting perspective. Can’t expect to make all the “good looks” but the Hoosiers certainly didn’t shoot the ball well that game. That also sucked watching and revisiting that game. Never again. :(

https://www.si.com/college/ohiostate/basketball/d-j-carton-wants-ball-chance-to-impress-nba-scouts
Sounds like Gaffney might be leaving as well. Heck of 2019 recruiting class for the Buckeyes. If he does leave their class reminds me of Thad’s top 5 class that all transferred.

On 3/14/2020 at 4:45 PM, Uspshoosier said:

To start the season he looked really good. The end of the year he looked terrible. After reading the article on why he left I’m thinking he relationship with his coach was a big part of it

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah, but a guy not hitting shots because he doesn't get along with someone speaks of issues with not being able to lock in, IMO.  Also doesn't really explain why he couldn't hit shots as a freshman either.  The aberration seems to his good start his sophomore year.

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

https://www.si.com/college/ohiostate/basketball/d-j-carton-wants-ball-chance-to-impress-nba-scouts
Sounds like Gaffney might be leaving as well. Heck of 2019 recruiting class for the Buckeyes. If he does leave their class reminds me of Thad’s top 5 class that all transferred.

I think the story here that stands out to me is the ability of Holtmann to execute a contingency plan effectively. If Gaffney leaves, that’s losing two Top 60 guys in the same class, but he goes out and gets the top grad transfer available and they remain a Top 15 team nationally for next year. That’s something that IU has not been able to do historically with much success, is leverage the transfer market.  Transfers happen in today’s game. It’s how you react to them that keeps your program humming. 

Carton sure doesnt sound like a team first guy. The scouts were loving him and his potential. He would have entered his sophomore year as a gigantic breakout candidate with so many eyes on him. Couldn’t wait until year 2 to get featured. Pretty sad. He was setting up to be one of the bigger stars to return to school.

Gaffney, considering pro? Lol. My goodness. Good or great player but these kids are so delusional sometimes.

I think the story here that stands out to me is the ability of Holtmann to execute a contingency plan effectively. If Gaffney leaves, that’s losing two Top 60 guys in the same class, but he goes out and gets the top grad transfer available and they remain a Top 15 team nationally for next year. That’s something that IU has not been able to do historically with much success, is leverage the transfer market.  Transfers happen in today’s game. It’s how you react to them that keeps your program humming. 

Towns hasn’t played in 2 years. A little bit of gamble in my opinion to count on him being productive in the B1G after not playing competitive basketball in 2 years. A little difference between Ivy League and B1G as well. Every year everyone wants top grad transfers but statistically most don’t end up being as productive as they are projected to produce. Just my opinion

Thank you! Been looking for this! I just really wish we could get someone to release the 2011 NC State game and the 2012 UNC game.

Watching the Indiana at Michigan State game 2013. That 12-13 team is arguably the best Indiana team of the last 25 years.

The game that would be nice to have is the game at Michigan from 2016. Got down early and then went on some crazy run.