Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

3 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

IU is a 10 seed

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

HA! Purdue didn't make it. Take that toiletmakers, we're goin' all the way. GO HOOSIERS!

That didn't feel good at all.

Would we want Carton still? Would he want us? Seems the Landers reclass plus our recruiting class lessens need at guard.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I’d easily take Carton over any of the guards we had this past season. He was already better than them.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Question for the rules experts. Our two outgoing seniors....are they still subject to NCAA rules violations as long as they are students? Or since the basketball season is officially over, are they no longer considered student-athletes, and therefore no longer subject to those rules? Both of them have been openly selling IU gear on social media. Shoes clearly labeled with "Indiana" on them, adidas gear, etc. It made me think of the whole situation at OSU that got Tressel fired. I think the issue there was they were maybe exchanging gear for favors? So maybe this is not the same type of thing, and again, maybe they are no longer subject to the rules so it doesn't matter. Anybody know?

1 hour ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Question for the rules experts. Our two outgoing seniors....are they still subject to NCAA rules violations as long as they are students? Or since the basketball season is officially over, are they no longer considered student-athletes, and therefore no longer subject to those rules? Both of them have been openly selling IU gear on social media. Shoes clearly labeled with "Indiana" on them, adidas gear, etc. It made me think of the whole situation at OSU that got Tressel fired. I think the issue there was they were maybe exchanging gear for favors? So maybe this is not the same type of thing, and again, maybe they are no longer subject to the rules so it doesn't matter. Anybody know?

Since their eligibility is up and they’ve openly stated they won’t be coming back even if the NCAA gives a break to seniors, I’m guessing everyone is in the clear. 

41 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Since their eligibility is up and they’ve openly stated they won’t be coming back even if the NCAA gives a break to seniors, I’m guessing everyone is in the clear. 

The NCAA will announce a resuming of the season, slap us with infractions and then re-cancel the season the following hour....

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

Devonte already has his for-pay Cameo video link active, so he's officially done I would say.