Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 minute ago, Str8Hoosiers said:

You have been saying this same thing in every thread... we get it... 

And to answer your question YES they assumed the risk by not self-quarantining just as somebody else did by going to a sporting event or out to eat at a restaurant....

Somebody going to a sporting event is a lot different than somebody going to work so that they can you know eat 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

Somebody going to a sporting event is a lot different than somebody going to work so that they can you know eat 

How is it different?

It is a level of risk that you are well aware of.

If I want to go to a sporting event I know that I know that 1 of the 50,000 there may come into contact with me and may have the Virus.... Your employees go to work they know there is potential there that 1 of the other 5 employees may have the virus or may have been to a sporting event.

If I am willing to take the risk of going ANYWHERE then I know the risk is not only where I am going but it is everywhere that anybody else there has been going.

If you are so worried about your employees not being able to eat... give them all paid time off until the pandemic has passed...

1 minute ago, Str8Hoosiers said:

How is it different?

It is a level of risk that you are well aware of.

If I want to go to a sporting event I know that I know that 1 of the 50,000 there may come into contact with me and may have the Virus.... Your employees go to work they know there is potential there that 1 of the other 5 employees may have the virus or may have been to a sporting event.

If I am willing to take the risk of going ANYWHERE then I know the risk is not only where I am going but it is everywhere that anybody else there has been going.

If you are so worried about your employees not being able to eat... give them all paid time off until the pandemic has passed...

You don’t see the difference between somebody working so they can eat? And somebody going out and enjoying a leisure activity?  

14 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

You don’t see the difference between somebody working so they can eat? And somebody going out and enjoying a leisure activity?  

No difference in knowing the risks that are involved and making that decision based on the risk vs reward thought process.

Your initial question was "Did they assume risk by coming into work to have money to eat?" 

The answer to that question is YES

Duke has suspended all athletic competition for the foreseeable future, per release. "The suspension applies to all athletic competitions and practices."

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Kansas announced the pretty much the same thing. Time to fire up Better Call Saul and some other shows. I still got a couple weeks vacation. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I understand what is going on here and agree with it. Having said that my love of watching High School and College Basketball helps me battle the depression I have from my health problems. I will now be leaning on my family and love of books to help with the battle

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Kansas announced the pretty much the same thing. Time to fire up Better Call Saul and some other shows. I still got a couple weeks vacation. Lol.

Just got a call from a Kansas official. Their statement has been misinterpreted. Kansas has NOT pulled out of NCAA Tournament. Key word: Cancelled travel, events "indefinitely." twitter.com/KUAthletics/st…
Dennis Dodd