Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

They just did interviews. It's between Scott Dolson, Pat Kraft, and Chris Reynolds. I think all three would do just fine however I'd take Kraft or Reynolds over Dolson.

Dolson is in house. That’s our worst case scenario. Getting someone with rose colored glasses who hasn’t seen it from the outside.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

They just did interviews. It's between Scott Dolson, Pat Kraft, and Chris Reynolds. I think all three would do just fine however I'd take Kraft or Reynolds over Dolson.

Reynolds can earn his keep by making sure we get into the tourney as a member of the selection committee this year!!!

Fitts is on fire fire. He couldn’t hit anything last night.

When Gonzaga went on that 6-0 run right after the tech I thought they were going to stretch it out a little. Saint Mary’s is doing a great job controlling the pace.

Dolson is in house. That’s our worst case scenario. Getting someone with rose colored glasses who hasn’t seen it from the outside.

We really don’t have any idea what kind of glasses or perspective Dolson has. He was a manager for RMK and was a student during the glory days. Who says he hasnt been one of those who like us don’t like things as they have been but not being the top guy you are limited.

Timme having a great game. Sure hope Vitale knows he was a top 50 kid according to some

First time I saw Timme was at Westfield and I was watching Ramsey play and this goofy kid with a headband was just dominating the game. I went to watch Ramsey but ended up enjoying watching him. At the time he was thinking of going to Sparty. Glad he didn’t end up there. Zags up 1 at half

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

12 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

That's kind of my thinking. Not saying he's Fred but I don't think it would hurt getting a new face in. All three are IU guys. I will say I think Fred was an average AD. He did some good things. But at IU you have to make the tournament more than four maybe 5 times in your 12 years as AD. He made a big mistake by extending Crean before the 2012-2013 season had even started. IU could've canned him in 2015 instead of 2017. 2016 year was good but 2017-2019 have been awful. 

17 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Reynolds can earn his keep by making sure we get into the tourney as a member of the selection committee this year!!!

Super nice guy too. I met him at Cook Hall before a game once. He's done a nice job at Bradley. I just think he gets it. The next AD has to do a better job on the basketball side than Fred did. 5 tournaments in 12 years is awful. 

Vitale just ranted about what a great guy Lunardi is and prattled on about how hard he works. Then he demanded that Sean Miller apologize. ... Yes, he said Sean. 

Regardless, so a guy who projects brackets for the NCAA tournament works as hard -- or harder --  than a basketball coach at a Power 5 school?

Vitale just ranted about what a great guy Lunardi is and prattled on about how hard he works. Then he demanded that Sean Miller apologize. ... Yes, he said Sean. 
Regardless, so a guy who projects brackets for the NCAA tournament works as hard -- or harder --  than a basketball coach at a Power 5 school?

I heard that too...said he agreed and that no team under .500 deserves to be in the tourney. Ohio State finished 4 games under .500 last year and won a tournament game. Funny how short everyone’s memory is.

44 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I don't know enough about it to say whether he'd be a good hire or not. But I fear he will get the gig simply because it's the easy move and is taking the path of least resistance. 

(BTW, I'm a big Chris Reynolds fan. He played when I was in school and seems to be a top-notch dude across the board). 

Vitale continuing the rant:

”You gotta be above .500. Otherwise you’re below the Mendoza line!”

Um Dickie V ...

The Mendoza line was named for a weak hitting Pittsburgh Pirates 1970s infielder named Mario Mendoza. His career batting average was below .200; hence the Mendoza line describing teams and players that are below 20% at something.

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I don't know enough about it to say whether he'd be a good hire or not. But I fear he will get the gig simply because it's the easy move and is taking the path of least resistance. 

(BTW, I'm a big Chris Reynolds fan. He played when I was in school and seems to be a top-notch dude across the board). 

IU will usually take the path of least resistance.