Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Would they though? If Wisconsin can win in this league, why wouldn’t Gonzaga be able to?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Agreed. I mean Michigan beat them by 20... I know many will disagree with me here but I think the Big Ten is LEGIT and underrated. Honestly I think the B1G has 11 top 30 teams but that’s just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

On 3/8/2020 at 3:18 PM, Stuhoo said:

Kentucky has a starting point guard Aston Hagans. He didn’t play yesterday because of “personal reasons.”

And then this showed up from his Snapchat:

https://twitter.com/UofLSheriff50/status/1236716832779878400?s=20

Kentucky responds:

On Sunday night, a video went viral of Kentucky guard Ashton Hagans showing off a wad of cash on social media. Now, the university is denying that the video was filmed anytime recently.

Mark Blankenbaker, who works for ESPN 680 AM in Louisville, tweeted out a video of what appeared to be Hagans flaunting a hefty stack of cash in a vehicle. That post immediately went viral, and the University of Kentucky has now come out and addressed.

Tim Sullivan of the Courier-Journal reached out to the school for a comment on the video. A spokesman for Kentucky told Sullivan that the video is “dated” and that the school has already checked out any potential red flags raised by the post. Sullivan followed up that report with more information about the video from the school.

"Kentucky spokesman says Ashton Hagans' showing-us-the-money video is ‘not recent or even the last few months,’” Sullivan tweeted. “If Hagans has offered an explanation, I have not heard it.”

After Sullivan’s report about the alleged age of the video, Blankenbaker fired back with another tweet. In another posted from Sunday evening, Blankenbaker suggested that the video of Hagans waving the money around may be less than two weeks old.

“A few people have reached out trying to ascertain the date of the Ashton Hagans Shoeboxxx Money video,” Blakenbaker tweeted. “‘Dated’ now includes videos a few weeks old, 11 days or as some believe specifically from the evening of February 26th. So it’s not that ‘dated’”

Following a reported altercation with head coach John Calipari in Kentucky’s loss to Tennessee on Tuesday night, Hagans did not make the trip to Gainesville for the Wildcats’ win over Florida on Saturday. Shortly before the clash with the Gators, Calipari tweeted that Hagans had elected to step back from it all for a couple of days.

"He and I met a couple days ago and he asked to step away for a couple days for personal reasons,” Calipari tweeted. “I support his decision. We are going to need him at 100% for the postseason."

Despite Hagans’ absence on the road against Florida, the Wildcats do expect to have him back for the SEC Tournament, which begins later this week. Calipari will speak with Hagans again this week, but the Kentucky head coach thinks he’ll be all-in for the conference tournament.

“I fully expect him to be (back for the SEC Tournament),” Calipari said following Kentucky’s 71-70 win at Florida. “But I haven’t talked to him. I’ll probably talk to him Monday sometime.”

Kentucky will be the No. 1 seed at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville and will begin their tournament appearance on Friday afternoon at noon CT.

Kentucky responds:
On Sunday night, a video went viral of Kentucky guard Ashton Hagans showing off a wad of cash on social media. Now, the university is denying that the video was filmed anytime recently.
Mark Blankenbaker, who works for ESPN 680 AM in Louisville, tweeted out a video of what appeared to be Hagans flaunting a hefty stack of cash in a vehicle. That post immediately went viral, and the University of Kentucky has now come out and addressed.
Tim Sullivan of the Courier-Journal reached out to the school for a comment on the video. A spokesman for Kentucky told Sullivan that the video is “dated” and that the school has already checked out any potential red flags raised by the post. Sullivan followed up that report with more information about the video from the school.
"Kentucky spokesman says Ashton Hagans' showing-us-the-money video is ‘not recent or even the last few months,’” Sullivan tweeted. “If Hagans has offered an explanation, I have not heard it.”
After Sullivan’s report about the alleged age of the video, Blankenbaker fired back with another tweet. In another posted from Sunday evening, Blankenbaker suggested that the video of Hagans waving the money around may be less than two weeks old.
“A few people have reached out trying to ascertain the date of the Ashton Hagans Shoeboxxx Money video,” Blakenbaker tweeted. “‘Dated’ now includes videos a few weeks old, 11 days or as some believe specifically from the evening of February 26th. So it’s not that ‘dated’”
Following a reported altercation with head coach John Calipari in Kentucky’s loss to Tennessee on Tuesday night, Hagans did not make the trip to Gainesville for the Wildcats’ win over Florida on Saturday. Shortly before the clash with the Gators, Calipari tweeted that Hagans had elected to step back from it all for a couple of days.
"He and I met a couple days ago and he asked to step away for a couple days for personal reasons,” Calipari tweeted. “I support his decision. We are going to need him at 100% for the postseason."
Despite Hagans’ absence on the road against Florida, the Wildcats do expect to have him back for the SEC Tournament, which begins later this week. Calipari will speak with Hagans again this week, but the Kentucky head coach thinks he’ll be all-in for the conference tournament.
“I fully expect him to be (back for the SEC Tournament),” Calipari said following Kentucky’s 71-70 win at Florida. “But I haven’t talked to him. I’ll probably talk to him Monday sometime.”
Kentucky will be the No. 1 seed at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville and will begin their tournament appearance on Friday afternoon at noon CT.

Beyond Fishy. But Kentucky knows the game. Deny, deny, and let time pass until another story takes over the headlines.

4 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Sources: The Ivy League has cancelled its conference tournament due to coronavirus.

Regular season champion Yale will go to the NCAA Tournament.

Jon Rothstein

Wow

Holy cow 

Sources: The Ivy League has cancelled its conference tournament due to coronavirus.

Regular season champion Yale will go to the NCAA Tournament.

Jon Rothstein

Wow

I mean... they’ve had how many conference tourneys anyways? Like 2 or 3? How it should be anyways.

As much as I hate that coronavirus is going to cancel a tournament, I’m not that upset. There shouldn’t be conference tournaments anyway. Regular season champion should be the automatic bid

Probably true but man, championship week is awesome.