Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Vitale just said if Archie was as good at coaching as Lunardi is at bracketology Archie would be in the hall of fame.

Seems like some pretty low standards for hall of fame, right? It cracks me up that the media personalities have no awareness that lunardi is actually very mediocre at his job of projecting the bracket.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

4 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Vitale just said if Archie was as good at coaching as Lunardi is at bracketology Archie would be in the hall of fame.

Seems like some pretty low standards for hall of fame, right? It cracks me up that the media personalities have no awareness that lunardi is actually very mediocre at his job of projecting the bracket.

He’s there colleague they will pretend he’s rear at everything. 

Wofford/ETSU tonight for the SoCon bid. ETSU is good enough to receive an at-large bid but if I’m them I take all the doubt out and take care of this game. If they get in the tournament they have a team that can win multiple games. I really like this team

St Marys/BYU to end the night should be another good game

ETSU Was an early season pick for me. As was Illinois. ETSU I feel has only barely met my expectations. Still, I believe they are in the bracket even without the SoCon ship.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Any one put money on this?
My prediction, committee puts IU exactly where Lunardi says they should be. Because ESPN.

The tournament is shown on TBS, TNT, TRU, and CBS though so if anything it’d be the opposite IMO.

Would they though? If Wisconsin can win in this league, why wouldn’t Gonzaga be able to?

But that’s my point. Maryland and Michigan state can’t sniff a number 1 seed because of the schedule they play in the BIG. Gonzaga is no better than either of them.

I mean they lost to Michigan by 20...

22 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Gonzaga would be just another team in the BIG

I disagree. Not saying they would be 29-2 and ranked #2 in the country but they would be a top 4 team in the Big Ten this year. They've made at least the Sweet 16 five years in a row. Pretty sure they are the only program right now that can say that. They made the Elite 8 in 2015 and 2019. Were the Runner ups in 2017. 

That being said, they are playing really bad right now against San Fran. If they lose tonight that should cost them a 1 seed. However, if they end up winning they will probably lock up the 1 seed since they would play BYU or St. Mary's. Both teams are in the tournament so even with a loss it wouldn't be bad. 

Now, I think Dayton and San Diego State would be just another team in the Big Ten. Both teams are good, but not 1 or 2 seed good...

I disagree. Not saying they would be 29-2 and ranked #2 in the country but they would be a top 4 team in the Big Ten this year. They've made at least the Sweet 16 five years in a row. Pretty sure they are the only program right now that can say that. They made the Elite 8 in 2015 and 2019. Were the Runner ups in 2017. 
That being said, they are playing really bad right now against San Fran. 

top 4 in the big ten is totally different than getting handed a number 1 seed every year.

Of course they are good, and I’m really only talking about this year. Their lack of a point guard is obvious

1 minute ago, IUc2016 said:

top 4 in the big ten is totally different than getting handed a number 1 seed every year.

Of course they are good, and I’m really only talking about this year. Their lack of a point guard is obvious

And that will probably cost them in the tournament. They will make the second weekend I think. It all depends on the matchups. 

Zags up 2 at the under 4 timeout. If I’m a Zags fan this is the type of game I would want to see them in. They don’t get tested much throughout the regular season so if they end up winning this game they at least had to win it with game pressure