Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

3 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Did anybody else catch the end of the Maryland-Michigan game when they were talking bracketology? Broadcaster said he thinks Purdue will be in the tourney with one win in the BTT emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The disparity of what people think is and isn't "bracketology" is amazing to me.

16 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Did anybody else catch the end of the Maryland-Michigan game when they were talking bracketology? Broadcaster said he thinks Purdue will be in the tourney with one win in the BTT emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

He couldn’t have been serious right? If Purdue wins just one game, they’d be 17-16. No way

9 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

He couldn’t have been serious right? If Purdue wins just one game, they’d be 17-16. No way

If Purdue gets in with 16 losses, there's absolutely zero chance they keep us out. At the very, very, very worst, we are 19-13 and I'd say 50/50 chances of tourney or no.

But I said awhile back we'd get 20 wins, and we are 99.9% likely getting 20 wins, so 20-13. That's the tournament. Maybe even 21-13 or 22-13. All tournament. This shouldn't even be up for debate, it's all so insane.

The NCAA does not want to keep us out. We make them and CBS a lot of money, and with UNC out, that's a huge chunk of viewership gone. Hate to say a lot of it comes down to money, but well...it kinda does.

30 minutes ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

If Purdue gets in with 16 losses, there's absolutely zero chance they keep us out. At the very, very, very worst, we are 19-13 and I'd say 50/50 chances of tourney or no.

But I said awhile back we'd get 20 wins, and we are 99.9% likely getting 20 wins, so 20-13. That's the tournament. Maybe even 21-13 or 22-13. All tournament. This shouldn't even be up for debate, it's all so insane.

The NCAA does not want to keep us out. We make them and CBS a lot of money, and with UNC out, that's a huge chunk of viewership gone. Hate to say a lot of it comes down to money, but well...it kinda does.

Purdue has to win the conference tournament to make the NCAA tournament. You’re correct that the NCAA doesn’t want to keep out IU. The power of being a blue blood. Even if IU weren’t a blue blood, no way they’re left out with their record and resume

Purdue has to win the conference tournament to make the NCAA tournament. You’re correct that the NCAA doesn’t want to keep out IU. The power of being a blue blood. Even if IU weren’t a blue blood, no way they’re left out with their record and resume

How many Q1 and Q2 wins does Purdue have?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

If they lost in the title game that would put them at 19-16. A 3 game difference would be almost unheard of 

Probably right I just thought I heard on here that it was more about wins than losses, unless you have some bad losses. Purdue does have some bad losses though but if they also have some nice Q1 and 2 wins.

They need to do some work but if we are a lock it seems as if they can get in with a few more wins.

Do you think of they add a couple more Q1 wins they can get in or do they need to win the BTT?

I personally do not think they can. If the got in with a 19-16 record they would become the 4 team in the history of the tourney to get an at-large bid being less then 4 games over .500 and the if they got in with 16 losses they would become the first team in the history to receive an at-large bid with more then 15 losses. Having a Q3 loss(190) to go along with 19-16 record I personally see no way they get an at large bid