Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Lunardi on OSU/ILL halftime spouting his dumbassery. He’s gone complete idiot, saying that us and Purdue shouldn’t make the tournament because of criteria that HE JUST MADE UP. He admitted this. Then he said high major teams have an unfair advantage because a majority of their high major games are at home. 

I can’t imagine being as stupid as Lunardi and getting paid what he surely does to be that stupid. 

Lunardi on OSU/ILL halftime spouting his dumbassery. He’s gone complete idiot, saying that us and Purdue shouldn’t make the tournament because of criteria that HE JUST MADE UP. He admitted this. Then he said high major teams have an unfair advantage because a majority of their high major games are at home. 

I can’t imagine being as stupid as Lunardi and getting paid what he surely does to be that stupid. 

Yeah I really don’t know what happened to him. His whole job is to be a bracketologist. He isn’t any good at it so he is taking a weird scorched earth approach to what he would do, and that’s why his brackets suck. He isn’t projecting what the committee is going to do, he is projecting what he would do. I don’t give a rats @$$ what he thinks. I want to know what the committee would think accurately.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

“High major teams with a lot of losses to high major teams are worse than low majors with few losses to low major teams”

WRONG JOE. IMAGINE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF ETSU WAS IN THE BIG TEN. THEY. WOULD. BE. BAD. 

What a moron...I’m fired up guys. 

Ditto. That was the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Seriously Joe Delow, chicken sandwich, and Xavier make more coherent arguments than what Joe Lunardi just did.

“High major teams with a lot of losses to high major teams are worse than low majors with few losses to low major teams”

WRONG JOE. IMAGINE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF ETSU WAS IN THE BIG TEN. THEY. WOULD. BE. BAD. 

In the tourney those teams are better actually. But that’s a really dumb way to say it.

He has been beating this drum for a couple years now. I’m guessing since he gets the most exposure for bracketologist he thinks his voice will matter. It won’t and he knows it but he can get away with because he works for espn and they get the most eyeballs. He left IU out of the tourney before and they ended up being comfortably in and he he leaves them out again he will be wrong again. His stupidity will pick back up next year and he will say the same crap again. Worst thing to happen to Joe was the bracket matrix. Now most people will go and check out the professionals

Are there facts to back up that statement? Because it’s a bold one. 

There are actually. Kind of like how I’ve argued that teams shouldn’t get in with less than 20 wins or under .500 in conference, those teams normally have a lot of losses. So over the past several years, Cuse really has almost all the wins from those teams because of their Final Four run as a 10 seed and another little run.

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

There are actually. Kind of like how I’ve argued that teams shouldn’t get in with less than 20 wins or under .500 in conference, those teams normally have a lot of losses. So over the past several years, Cuse really has almost all the wins from those teams because of their Final Four run as a 10 seed and another little run.

It’s not at all like you arguing about sub-20 win/sub .500 in-conference teams. That’s an opinion. 

Can you or can you not *prove* that low major teams with wins against only low major teams are better in the tournament than high major teams with a lot of losses to high major teams? I’m guessing the answer is no, but I’ve been wrong plenty of times before. 

It’s not at all like you arguing about sub-20 win/sub .500 in-conference teams. That’s an opinion. 

Can you or can you not *prove* that low major teams with wins against only low major teams are better in the tournament than high major teams with a lot of losses to high major teams? I’m guessing the answer is no, but I’ve been wrong plenty of times before. 

Well it just so happens that those are pretty much the same teams.

How long of a time period? 2 years? 15 years? 20 years? And I’ll figure it out for you. Want me to do at large mid majors who are 9 seeds and lower? Teams from the ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, Big East, AAC, Pac12, SEC with what? 12, 13, 14 or 15 losses?