Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

8 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Adam Miller will be a freshman. Andre curbelo will be a freshman. They will not have the same impact a sophomore Ayo had this year. Not saying they won’t be good players, but we routinely see that freshman guards cannot lead a team in the big ten. I mean look at Illinois last year when Ayo was a freshman.

And I disagree on Giorgi. I would take race all day, as he is a much better defender. We saw what Illinois interior defense looked like with giorgi in the middle. They lost more than20 games

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I may be oversimplifying it, but for me Illinois will be pretty good next year with Cockburn, and pretty bad without him.

i would imagine he’s a two year player, so they should be pretty good.

I may be oversimplifying it, but for me Illinois will be pretty good next year with Cockburn, and pretty bad without him.

That’s where I am at. I think he comes back and they will be fine. But without him it would be a .500 team

So kinda thinking about the new transfer rule that might be implemented. 

Does anybody think their is a chance that universities like IU and UNC that operate multiple campuses and multiple basketball programs might start to unofficially use their directional affiliates and development programs. 

They would run similar offenses and then if they are good enough they get to transfer up.  

It could never be an official thing but one of those things nobody admits. 

To be fair you didn’t think they’d be good this year. Many here mocked the preseason hype Illinois was getting.

I’m not going to say a Freshman Miller equals a sophomore Ayo, but they have good talent coming in.

If Cockburn returns, they will likely project ahead of us although if we get Lander, projections could be similar.

28 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

To be fair you didn’t think they’d be good this year. Many here mocked the preseason hype Illinois was getting.

I’m not going to say a Freshman Miller equals a sophomore Ayo, but they have good talent coming in.

If Cockburn returns, they will likely project ahead of us although if we get Lander, projections could be similar.

For sure I didn't think they'd be good this year - I thought their front line was shallow and extremely suspect. Instead, Kofi Cockburn has been injury-free, and at times dominant.

4 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Jordan Burns for Colgate is a good player. Only a sophomore and average 15 points a game. Shoots 37% from 3. If he’s hot, not only will they likely win the Patriot League tourney, they could cause some trouble in the first round with the right matchup.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Pulling for Colgate. A kid from my town in PA is a freshmen on their team. 

March 8th
I’m going to miss some day basketball that will start this week but after working Saturday I will be off 3 weeks

I only got the long weekend of the tourney off. I am completely jealous of the couple weeks you are about to endure.

23 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

Dakich’s voice is even more unbearable tonight

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I owe a beer to whoever gave Trollkich laryngitis. Rugers up 13 on Maryland early in the 2nd half.