Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

5 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Duke only up six at 11-15 Wake. Duke is a #2 seed solely based on the fact that they’re Duke. They’ve been insulated by a weak ACC, but they are not a normal 2-seed. They will be ripe for an upset by a double digit seed. 

Problem is Dookie is gonna be sent to Greensboro where I think they're 157-0 in NCAA tournament play.

Sparty got some serious home-cooking from the stripes in the last six minutes, starting with a phantom foul in the lane when Henry went up with the ball and had it deflected, caught it and came down with it. Refs called a foul. Would have been Iowa’s ball up 8 with under six minutes to play. Drives me crazy that every timeout the camera pans to Izzo talking a refs ear off and it pays out end of games. Refs should be instructed to walk away from coaches. There’s nothing that says coaches have a right to tell a ref what they’re seeing and what needs to be called every time they’re near them. 

2 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Problem is Dookie is gonna be sent to Greensboro where I think they're 157-0 in NCAA tournament play.

Might be giving away the regional advantage as we speak. Only up 3 with :32 seconds to play. Loss to Wake has to drop them to a 3-seed. 

4 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Might be giving away the regional advantage as we speak. Only up 3 with :32 seconds to play. Loss to Wake has to drop them to a 3-seed. 

Unless Duke lose out, they'll play the 1st weekend in Greensboro, Mike White will make certain of it.

Hope Wake can hang on, but I have awful memories of that arena and floor. 

I live about 3 hours from Winston-Salem, so several years ago, I went to our B1G/ACC challenge game against Wake. We got annihilated. I think it was something like 100-67. Ugh! 

Don't remember the exact year, but it was a Mike Davis team. 

Wake up 4 on Duke with :36 seconds left. 

Haven’t watched them that often, but Duke looks about like an Illinois, Michigan or Ohio State caliber team. They might get a 2-seed, but they would have been a middle-of-the-pack team in the B1G this year.  

3 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Duke about to go down in double-OT. Down 8 with :57 seconds to go. Just a reminder. Wake is 11-15 overall, and in 14th place at 4-12 in the down ACC. Yikes. I think this qualifies as a bad loss. 

Technically its just a Quad 2 cuz it was an away game, but Wake is worse than Stone Cold.

6 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Technically its just a Quad 2 cuz it was an away game, but Wake is worse than Stone Cold.

The quad system is just looking more and more flawed the longer the season goes. Wake has lost 11 of their last 13 games. Only North Carolina has a worse conference record. I don’t care where the game is played, that’s a bad loss. Trying to call a game at Wake a Quad 2 game, and compare it similarly to our Quad 2 game on a neutral court against Notre Dame, just doesn’t hold water.