Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Matt Painter must have had money on the Over. Purdue started fouling Mich every possession starting at the 2:20 mark left in the game when down 12. Must have been 20 free throws shot in the last 1:20. It’s taken 20-25 minutes of real time and there’s still :43 left. 

P.S. Purdue just fouled on the inbound pass down 8 with 6.3 seconds left. Sheesh. 

25 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Purdue now needs to win out and get two wins in the BTT. If we win on Thursday they will have to win the BTT 

Lunardi said today that even with a loss against Michigan they are still on the bubble and have a shot at an at large bid. This is utterly insane to me. Their only non conference win against a tournament caliber team is Virginia (who’s still on Lunardi’s bubble). When is the last time a 14-14 (7-10) team with three games, plus B1G tourney was still in contention? To put this in perspective, Purdue is now on both the NCAA and NIT bubble as teams with a losing record are not eligible for the NIT. 

Just now, KzooHoosier82 said:

Lunardi said today that even with a loss against Michigan they are still on the bubble and have a shot at an at large bid. This is utterly insane to me. Their only non conference win against a tournament caliber team is Virginia (who’s still on Lunardi’s bubble). When is the last time a 14-14 (7-10) team with three plus B1G tourney was still in contention? To put this in perspective, Purdue is now on both the NCAA and NIT bubble as teams with a losing record are not eligible for the NIT. 

He’s wrong. The more accurate bracketologists already had them out before this loss

2 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Lunardi said today that even with a loss against Michigan they are still on the bubble and have a shot at an at large bid. This is utterly insane to me. Their only non conference win against a tournament caliber team is Virginia (who’s still on Lunardi’s bubble). When is the last time a 14-14 (7-10) team with three games, plus B1G tourney was still in contention? To put this in perspective, Purdue is now on both the NCAA and NIT bubble as teams with a losing record are not eligible for the NIT. 

The sooner that everyone realizes the bracketeering world has passed Morrie by, the better.

15 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

This guy and Hummel have been passive aggressive towards one another all game. A little odd.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I thought the same thing.  Robbie is getting better at his job but has a long way to go.  That said, the bar at BTN is not very high.

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

He’s wrong. The more accurate bracketologists already had them out before this loss

Him and Jerry Palm must have a secret relationship. The only acceptable way Purdue gets in is to win out and get to the conference championship game. Anything else would be an absolute fraud.  

I get that IU had a somewhat weak non conference schedule but I’m getting tired of Purdue getting credit for losing to Marquette, Texas, Butler, and FSU. Either way, our guys need to realize Purdue is not a better team and go into Mackey to prove it. 

7 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

To put this in perspective, Purdue is now on both the NCAA and NIT bubble as teams with a losing record are not eligible for the NIT. 

So, if they lose two of their last three (IU, at Iowa, Rutgers), and then win one out of two in the BTT, they are literally eliminated from an NIT selection.

How freakin wonderful is that?!?

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

So, if they lose two of their last three (IU, at Iowa, Rutgers), and then win one out of two in the BTT, they are literally eliminated from an NIT selection.

Poetic justice is what it is. Purdue fans are the most inexplicably arrogant fan base in the country, both in basketball and football 

30 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Matt Painter must have had money on the Over. Purdue started fouling Mich every possession starting at the 2:20 mark left in the game when down 12. Must have been 20 free throws shot in the last 1:20. It’s taken 20-25 minutes of real time and there’s still :43 left. 

P.S. Purdue just fouled on the inbound pass down 8 with 6.3 seconds left. Sheesh. 

They've done that for years. Nobody is better at racking up garbage time points. 

34 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

But they will make the NCAA’s. Lol. I mean look at the metrics.