Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

12 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Purdue 1 loss away from definitely needing a run in the BTT. Probably already there 

Hope they lose two more before then, but I doubt that happens. If they win out, the computers and the stat geeks will have their backs. 

Great listen and agree with lots that was said. But even they ask about lineup changes and expecting results with the same group that isn’t producing. I like Archie. I would love to see him be our 20+ year coach but he hasn’t helped his cause much this because of his reluctance to change in that regard

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Right off the bat Decourcy says the cupboard was bare and if some of those guys were upperclassmen it would have been different. Starting guards, seniors. All Big Ten player Morgan was a Jr. glue guys Hartman and McRoberts were upperclassmen. Freddie was also a senior.

That is not a young group.

Then right after talking about him needing more time they reference Chris Beard and talk about how things can change quickly.

At least they did mention the complaint about sending the same guys out there and expecting different results.

Right off the bat Decourcy says the cupboard was bare and if some of those guys were upperclassmen it would have been different. Starting guards, seniors. All Big Ten player Morgan was a Jr. glue guys Hartman and McRoberts were upperclassmen. Freddie was also a senior.

That is not a young group.

Then right after talking about him needing more time they reference Chris Beard and talk about how things can change quickly.

At least they did mention the complaint about sending the same guys out there and expecting different results.

I noticed all those excuses as well. At some point even the excuses run out. Difference is, Archie isn’t really the one making them. He knows he needs to win.

I want to like the guy, he’s likeable. He really is, I think he is a basketball purist at heart. But he and we are finding out he is somehow not up to the task in the B1G. I think this is why it’s so depressing.

Anyone else see the cute little tantrum Matt Haarms had tonight after picking up his fourth foul? It happened away from the ball, and when he realized it was on him he jogged all the way out to mid-court, screaming and stomping his foot. He repeatedly motioned that he was held, wanting the call to go against Wisconsin for a hook and hold. He kept screaming about it until the officials finally went to the monitor to look at it. No hook and hold. Haarms finished with 2 points. 

Anyone else see the cute little tantrum Matt Haarms had tonight after picking up his fourth foul? It happened away from the ball, and when he realized it was on him he jogged all the way out to mid-court, screaming and stomping his foot. He repeatedly motioned that he was held, wanting the call to go against Wisconsin for a hook and hold. He kept screaming about it until the officials finally went to the monitor to look at it. No hook and hold. Haarms finished with 2 points. 

I’m a bit baffled about what some teams are allowed to do (home and away) and other teams/players seem to have an extremely short leash. The Big Ten just seems all out of whack.

2 hours ago, jbell833 said:

Regardless of record, analytics and numbers say that Purdue just needs to go 3-1 (win out at home) and win 1 in the B1G Tournament and they’ll be a lock.

Pretty sure USPS said that he doesn’t see a team with only 3 more wins than losses making it. That would be 18 wins but 15 losses.  

Pretty sure USPS said that he doesn’t see a team with only 3 more wins than losses making it. That would be 18 wins but 15 losses.  

Only 3 teams in the history of the NCAA tournament has gotten an at large bid with being less then 4 games over .500 and the last team to do it was in 2001 I believe. Maybe they get in with less but history says they won’t. Only a couple of teams have gotten in with 15 losses.

Only 3 teams in the history of the NCAA tournament has gotten an at large bid with being less then 4 games over .500 and the last team to do it was in 2001 I believe. Maybe they get in with less but history says they won’t. Only a couple of teams have gotten in with 15 losses.

Florida got a 10 seed last season and they were 19-15.

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

15 loss teams who have gotten an At-Large since 2009
2019: Florida 19-15(10 seed)
2018: Alabama 19-15(9 seed)
2017: Vanderbilt 19-15(9 seed)

Teams under 19 wins to get an at large since 2009
2015: Oklahoma St 18-13(9 seed)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Once again the hypothetical was an 18-15 Purdue team. None of those are the same. Just admit your hot take was wrong. Just once do it 

Purdue stayed #33 in the NET rankings after their loss last night. Kenpom, still fighting the good fight, moved them up one spot to #25. 

Does not getting blown out on the road really influence these rankings that much? If so, maybe our players should take notes and learn to fight back. 

Once again the hypothetical was an 18-15 Purdue team. None of those are the same. Just admit your hot take was wrong. Just once do it 

Only 3 teams in the history of the NCAA tournament has gotten an at large bid with being less then 4 games over .500 and the last team to do it was in 2001 I believe. Maybe they get in with less but history says they won’t.
*Only a couple of teams have gotten in with 15 losses.*

So no, I won’t admit I was wrong about something I wasn’t wrong about.

15 loss teams who have gotten an At-Large since 2009
2019: Florida 19-15(10 seed)
2018: Alabama 19-15(9 seed)
2017: Vanderbilt 19-15(9 seed)

Teams under 19 wins to get an at large since 2009
2015: Oklahoma St 18-13(9 seed)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah I posted the teams that had 15 losses, worst percentage and least number of games won straight from the NCAA website a couple days ago. Interesting looking back over them. Did you miss that post?