Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

16 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

For those that haven’t watched San Diego St play you guys will like what you see during Championship week and first week of the tourney. Easily one of the top teams I’ve watched this year.

They are up 14 at half at Boise St

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

They’re good but also a product of their schedule, just like Gonzaga every year. They would be more like a 4-5 seed if they played in a P5 conference 

20 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

For those that haven’t watched San Diego St play you guys will like what you see during Championship week and first week of the tourney. Easily one of the top teams I’ve watched this year.

They are up 14 at half at Boise St

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

USPS, I love your enthusiasm for college basketball, and your appreciation for teams outside the B1G. But, how impressed should we be by a team beating Boise St. by 14 really? Who is Boise’s best win? Because all I know about them is that Oregon beat them by 31 and they lost by double digits to Georgia Tech. It seems like Nebraska or Minnesota would be winning by 14 at Boise St. I know you and others have said SDSU is legit, and would be competitive in the B1G, but it’s hard for me to respect their 20 wins in a conference that is a combined 0-21 against AP teams. 

USPS, I love your enthusiasm for college basketball, and your appreciation for teams outside the B1G. But, how impressed should we be by a team beating Boise St. by 14 really? Who is Boise’s best win? Because all I know about them is that Oregon beat them by 31 and they lost by double digits to Georgia Tech. It seems like Nebraska or Minnesota would be winning by 14 at Boise St. I know you and others have said SDSU is legit, and would be competitive in the B1G, but it’s hard for me to respect their 20 wins in a conference that is a combined 0-21 against AP teams. 

That fine all I can say is by the teams I have seen all year despite who they have played they are one of the top teams I’ve seen. I watched them smash Creighton on a neutral court and Creighton is 2nd in the Big East.

You don’t have to be impressed with them winning at Boise St I’m just giving my opinion on them for the whole year not just this game

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It’s kind of sad how often you move the goal posts. 

You claimed Kaminsky was failure. And only got paid because of poor drafting. Specifically you said he only got paid 5 million a year because of it. But that’s his second contract he makes 5 million a year on. So has nothing to do with good or bad drafting. He’s now made 22 million or so playing basketball. 

Joe it’s a sign of great maturity to just admit your hot take was wrong. 

He is a bust and many consider him to be one and just another terrible pick by Jordan. There’s a reason Charlotte let him walk after 4 years. How much money you make doesn’t change whether you’re a bust or not. Garza wouldn’t be considered a bust because 2nd founders never are. But if you’re a GM and you’re drafting him in the 2nd round, you’ve likely made a lot of terrible decisions and probably work for Phoenix or New York.

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

He is a bust and many consider him to be one and just another terrible pick by Jordan. There’s a reason Charlotte let him walk after 4 years. How much money you make doesn’t change whether you’re a bust or not. Garza wouldn’t be considered a bust because 2nd founders never are. But if you’re a GM and you’re drafting him in the 2nd round, you’ve likely made a lot of terrible decisions and probably work for Phoenix or New York.

Moving them goal posts again. 

Very interesting. One of the two coaches from the 2018 NCAA title game already bolted to the NBA -- and reportedly is ready to quit. Will the winner of that game be the next to test the waters?  If Jay Wright wants to give the Association a try, fine. But if I were him, I'd stay far, far away from the Knicks. That franchise is a mess. 

I don't care if he is a bust in the NBA or not. I don't care whether Garza will be a bust or not. I do know they are/were great College Basketball players.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I don't care if he is a bust in the NBA or not. I don't care whether Garza will be a bust or not. I do know they are/were great College Basketball players.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Which is exactly why I said, as a GM I’d take Jalen Smith in first round and Garza in the 2nd.

2nd round picks rarely stick, give me a Garza all day over someone with potential athleticism that doesn’t know how to play the game. Garza can do everything offensively. Defense is certainly an issue.

Which is exactly why I said, as a GM I’d take Jalen Smith in first round and Garza in the 2nd.

2nd round picks rarely stick, give me a Garza all day over someone with potential athleticism that doesn’t know how to play the game. Garza can do everything offensively. Defense is certainly an issue.

But why draft him when you can just him in outside the draft? The 2nd round now is for kids with potential who may not see it yet and foreigners who will never play in the NBA.

But why draft him when you can just him in outside the draft? The 2nd round now is for kids with potential who may not see it yet and foreigners who will never play in the NBA.

Let’s see how this turns out. Not convinced he won’t get drafted.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Let’s see how this turns out. Not convinced he won’t get drafted.

He just fits well overseas. No way he could keep up defensively. And unless you’re James Harden or Kyrie Irving, you gotta play a little defense. Nikola Jokic might be his best comparison and Jokic was a 2nd rounder as well.

He just fits well overseas. No way he could keep up defensively. And unless you’re James Harden or Kyrie Irving, you gotta play a little defense. Nikola Jokic might be his best comparison and Jokic was a 2nd rounder as well.

Ok, and Jokic is excellent. So is Garza. Imo he has more potential than Kaminsky ever had, since that is the comparison you want to use.