Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

2 minutes ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

You haven’t been to Hell unless you’ve climbed the Ballantine steps at 8 am while having an anxiety attack.

I had an employee on an order picker have one and he fell off. So he was having an anxiety attack as he suffocated.  Puts a lot of stuff in perspective.  He made it ok btw

You haven’t been to Hell unless you’ve climbed the Ballantine steps at 8 am while having an anxiety attack.

My anxiety attacks have never been too bad luckily. But the depression and the ups and downs are bad enough. I will say, having an anxiety attack while putting your son to sleep and having to calmly call for your wife to get him so you can calm down is scary as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Riddle me this with DJ Carton?

20 years ago did this stuff happen?

I don’t remember it did. I suppose it did and it was under a different guise or name.

Why is it more prevalent now?

Why are we a more depressed society now than we were a generation ago?

I think I’m unique, I attack every challenge I have with confidence and strength. If I fail, I know I did my best, and I’ll get em next time.

In my opinion it almost has to be social media and the pressure it places on kids nonstop to measure up.

I know a lot of people my age will say that people are softer. I think it does appear that way to people my age. I don’t think that’s the case. I think something bigger is going on to create these mental imbalances but I don’t know why. I don’t know if it truly is a generational increase but it certainly appears that way as a person who has lived through it.
The only thing to me that explains it, is social media’s impact.

Any thoughts on this?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Last 3 Washington possessions were as brutal as you could have.
Arizona gets their first road win of the year. Washington and their 2 freshman studs are in danger of missing the tourney

Washington is interesting. Not well coached. Likely 2 1st round draft picks. Arizona has nice talent. Potentially 3 1st round draft picks. They aren’t too well coached either though.

Riddle me this with DJ Carton?

20 years ago did this stuff happen?

I don’t remember it did. I suppose it did and it was under a different guise or name.

Why is it more prevalent now?

Why are we a more depressed society now than we were a generation ago?

I think I’m unique, I attack every challenge I have with confidence and strength. If I fail, I know I did my best, and I’ll get em next time.

In my opinion it almost has to be social media and the pressure it places on kids nonstop to measure up.

I know a lot of people my age will say that people are softer. I think it does appear that way to people my age. I don’t think that’s the case. I think something bigger is going on to create these mental imbalances but I don’t know why. I don’t know if it truly is a generational increase but it certainly appears that way as a person who has lived through it.
The only thing to me that explains it, is social media’s impact.

Any thoughts on this?

When mine really started back in HS I didn’t care about social media. I wasn’t active on FB, Twitter or anything. But I did miss half a basketball season my sophomore year, 6th man my junior year but was treated like crap and then cut my senior year. Now I will say, because I got cut I did get way better than I would have if I wasn’t, but it didn’t help me mentally. And it just snowballed really into school and the rest of life.

When mine really started back in HS I didn’t care about social media. I wasn’t active on FB, Twitter or anything. But I did miss half a basketball season my sophomore year, 6th man my junior year but was treated like crap and then cut my senior year. Now I will say, because I got cut I did get way better than I would have if I wasn’t, but it didn’t help me mentally. And it just snowballed really into school and the rest of life.

Thanks for sharing. I really appreciate that. Keep your head up! Love yourself. Love those that love you. Don’t worry about the other noise.

I’ve had anxiety attacks since I was 10 years old, and that was the early 90’s (My dad and grandma both had them along with depression, but of course no one diagnosed it back then). I think it’s more prevalent now because we understand it more as a legitimate illness, and it’s very treatable.

I will say that I can’t imagine kids and social media and how that exacerbates preexisting conditions. The pressure must be enormous.

OK back to basketball for me 

3 games for the late night crowd
Zags up 4 at Santa Clara, UCLA up 5 on Colorado in the 1st half and Stanford and my favorite freshman guard Terry playing Oregon St in the first half

I’ve had anxiety attacks since I was 10 years old, and that was the early 90’s (My dad and grandma both had them along with depression, but of course no one diagnosed it back then). I think it’s more prevalent now because we understand it more as a legitimate illness, and it’s very treatable.
I will say that I can’t imagine kids and social media and how that exacerbates preexisting conditions. The pressure must be enormous.

Great explanation. Appreciated! Thanks for sharing. I’ll move along as well.

So who do I bet on tomorrow?

Great explanation. Appreciated! Thanks for sharing. I’ll move along as well.

So who do I bet on tomorrow?

Not sure about the betting part but VCU/Rhode Island should be the game of the night. Princeton has been playing better of late.

I have a friend who fell into a deep hole after a break up. We worked together and then suddenly he could not string a couple of days together. I would meet with him weekly to try and encourage but he just seemed to struggle righting the ship.

He ended up losing his job and that just added to his pain. We met last week and while he says he is doing much better his shaking hands might say otherwise. Hope it is withdrawals more than excess. He has met someone and perhaps that could help pull him out of this but he needs so much more.

I’ve seen my brother inexplicably struggle with depression too. Such good dudes that would give all they have for you but they just have these life challenges that I can only imagine.

Prayers for you NOLA. Glad to hear you are doing 90% well.