Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

20 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

North Carolina up 8 at NC State with 1:24 to go

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I think the ACC will struggle to get 5 at-large bids into the tourney. Maybe UVA scrapes enough decent wins together to get the committee to overlook the eye test of how bad they are offensively. I guess Syracuse could get in even though they don’t have a single win against a ranked team. Really weak conference after the top 3. 

Iowa and Wisconsin were threatening to be playing in a “first to 40 wins” type of game until a late barrage of 3’s to end the half. Teams are 5 for 24 combined from 3. I’ve read Iowa called one of the most prolific offensive teams in the country. I guess playing against Wisconsin and they way then take the air out of the ball (and set basketball back 30 years) every time out will do that to a team. Game tied at 30-30 at the half. 

I think the ACC will struggle to get 5 at-large bids into the tourney. Maybe UVA scrapes enough decent wins together to get the committee to overlook the eye test of how bad they are offensively. I guess Syracuse could get in even though they don’t have a single win against a ranked team. Really weak conference after the top 3. 

Syracuse has 3 Quad 1 road wins. They are playing their way onto the bubble. ACC is down compared to years past and you are right after the top 3 the others all have work to do

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Iowa and Wisconsin were threatening to be playing in a “first to 40 wins” type of game until a late barrage of 3’s to end the half. Teams are 5 for 24 combined from 3. I’ve read Iowa called one of the most prolific offensive teams in the country. I guess playing against Wisconsin and they way then take the air out of the ball (and set basketball back 30 years) every time out will do that to a team. Game tied at 30-30 at the half. 

Their offense is 3rd in the country in offensive efficiency

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app