Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I personally would take Brooks if he were willing to commit to play. He has good size and can play the 3 and 4. I could see a lineup in 2 years of
Phinisee(Senior)
Lander(Freshman)
Leal(Sophomore)
Brooks(RS Sophomore)
TJD(Junior)

How many people would really be mad about that?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

My personal feeling as well. The kid (literally, a 17 year old) made the wrong choice. Maybe he got told how he was gonna be on an NBA showcase team of stars that does what Cal teams do, and he was gonna be a multimillionaire by his 20th birthday. I could see how a kid might see dollar signs and ignore his heart making that decision. I would welcome him into the fold and that lineup (realizing it’s less than likely TJD is still around) is a top 5 team with the kind of class balance and talent that I think most Hoosiers fans are dreaming of becoming a reality. 

Just now, JerryYeagley23 said:

My personal feeling as well. The kid (literally, a 17 year old) made the wrong choice. Maybe he got told how he was gonna be on an NBA showcase team of stars that does what Cal teams do, and he was gonna be a multimillionaire by his 20th birthday. I could see how a kid might see dollar signs and ignore his heart making that decision. I would welcome him into the fold and that lineup (realizing it’s less than likely TJD is still around) is a top 5 team with the kind of class balance and talent that I think most Hoosiers fans are dreaming of becoming a reality. 

Yeah TJD seems like he should be 2 and done. I would be shocked if he stayed a third year. Brooks I think could be a real possibility. Its hard to pass up a kid that talented and we could use it especially with TJD likely gone. 

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Brooks won’t transfer without a hardship type thing. No way he sits a year imo.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Couldn’t that be a factor in potentially choosing IU if he were to transfer? Can’t you seek a waiver for wanting to be closer to your family, or am I remembering that wrong? I thought I remembered a kid getting granted not having to sit out a year because he transferred to a school closer to home to be near his family. 

Yeah TJD seems like he should be 2 and done. I would be shocked if he stayed a third year. Brooks I think could be a real possibility. Its hard to pass up a kid that talented and we could use it especially with TJD likely gone. 

TJD has a long way to go to be 2 and done. Simply because there are already so many bigs who do what he can. He’s a 4 year player honestly. Not because he’s not good, but because the NBA just won’t need a 20 year old TJD.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

TJD has a long way to go to be 2 and done. Simply because there are already so many bigs who do what he can. He’s a 4 year player honestly. Not because he’s not good, but because the NBA just won’t need a 20 year old TJD.

Dude has great hands, footwork and a feel for the game. This cannot be overstated. He polishes up his offensive game some more and I can see him being a top 20 pick by this time next year. 1% chance imo he stays 4 years barring some sort of injury maybe. 

Couldn’t that be a factor in potentially choosing IU if he were to transfer? Can’t you seek a waiver for wanting to be closer to your family, or am I remembering that wrong? I thought I remembered a kid getting granted not having to sit out a year because he transferred to a school closer to home to be near his family. 

It’s a coin flip anymore on if the NCAA will approve a waiver. Forester got a waiver to play at Temple, Green got approved a waiver going from Kentucky to Washington without having to sit out a year but then Quinerly from Nova got denied and he has to sit out for Bama this year. It’s all in the NCAA hands

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Agree, I think he needs a solid mid range game, and even the ability to hit an open three at a 30% clip to stretch the floor for NBA teams to look at him as a draft choice. Only thing that makes me say he may bolt after next year is my feeling that a LOT of young men might take the chance given the potential that high school kids may be eligible for the draft in 2021. 

Dude has great hands, footwork and a feel for the game. This cannot be overstated. He polishes up his offensive game some more and I can see him being a top 20 pick by this time next year. 1% chance imo he stays 4 years barring some sort of injury maybe. 

The problem is whether or not he will develop. It’s been a problem under Archie.

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

That’s why I believe Leal will pass Franklin and be ahead of Galloway at the 2. He doesn’t need a shot doctor while Franklin and Galloway will. Leal has a shot ready to go for college.

You are vastly overrating Leals shot. He’s got a lot of work to do there as well

You are vastly overrating Leals shot. He’s got a lot of work to do there as well

His looks the best and is quick. Franklins is still pretty slow and has a hitch to it. Franklin will go into the summer as the #1 2-guard, but Leal will be right behind him. Galloway will be behind both along with Smith and Hunter if Smith stays.

Brooks made such a bad decision, it cannot be overstated enough.

7 minutes in an OT game?!?  Clearly a message is being sent there.

No doubt he has to feel lied to in regards to Cal, but on the other side he was getting roughly 18 minutes per game up until a week or two ago.  Started plenty of games too, so it's not like he hasn't had his chances.

No way he sticks it out at UK though.  He'll transfer somewhere, hopefully not in conference since I think he will be a good player eventually.  He's just not cut out for the UK model/program.  I can see him at MSU though.

7 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

His looks the best and is quick. Franklins is still pretty slow and has a hitch to it. Franklin will go into the summer as the #1 2-guard, but Leal will be right behind him. Galloway will be behind both along with Smith and Hunter if Smith stays.

His is in High School