Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Baylor is legit. Your type of team Joe. Really good guards

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

They are as close to dominate as you will get this season. And it’s good to have teams like that. Baylor and Gonzaga are clearly the two best right now.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Maybe I’m the only one, but until Gonzaga joins a legitimate conference I just don’t think they deserve to be ranked as a top 5 team. I get it. I know they are landing good recruits and Few is a good/great coach. But I’m sorry, when you play 20 games a year against teams like San Francisco and Loyola Marymount, I just don’t believe you earn a top five recognition simply for winning games you should. Even if you beat three good teams in non-conference play, that’s not a proxy for having to compete against 8-10 other top 50 teams week in and week out. But it’s self fulfilling, because they get their 2 seed and this guarantee two easy wins and a sweet sixteen in the dance, and maybe beat one or two respectable teams and make an elite 8 or a final four. Still don’t buy-in based on 75% of their games being against mid-majors every year. Join the PAC-12 or they should be capped at a 4-seed IMHO.

Edit: P.S. I’m old, so I’m probably out of touch, but what is the appeal to a recruit of going to the Zags? Nobody pays any attention to you from December to March. No prime time games, because your conference has no other high profile teams. And you’re playing most of your games after most people are in bed every weekend. Love Few. Love that he made a Cinderella into a destination. But I don’t understand the high ranking and seeding every year, and their ability to get top recruits based on the conference, competition and exposure they lack once real conferences start battling each other. Sorry, rant over.