Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

59 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Illinois is 7-2 with more home games than road games. Michigan St is 6-2 with more road games than home games. 

Illinois definitely has the inside track on this conference title. 

They’re in good shape, but how about this stretch for them beginning next Sunday:

@ #19 Iowa

#17 Maryland

#11 MSU

@ #24 Rutgers

@ PSU

They could very easily be 8-6 or even 8-7 coming out of that stretch. The way PSU is playing, I’d actually say home against Maryland might be their best shot at a W right there. 

They’re in good shape, but how about this stretch for them beginning next Sunday:
@ #19 Iowa
#17 Maryland
#11 MSU
@ #24 Rutgers
@ PSU
They could very easily be 8-6 or even 8-7 coming out of that stretch. The way PSU is playing, I’d actually say home against Maryland might be their best shot at a W right there. 
They have proven to be the team that has defied the home court advantage in the B1G. 3 wins against Wisconsin, Purdue, and Michigan

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

@ #19 Iowa

#17 Maryland

#11 MSU

@ #24 Rutgers

@ PSU

They probably get their 8th win against Minny up next. I doubt they go winless in that five game stretch. Probably going to be at worst 10-5 after this stretch. 

4 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

They have proven to be the team that has defied the home court advantage in the B1G. 3 wins against Wisconsin, Purdue, and Michigan

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

True. Credit due for any road games in conference this year. But we might be getting to the point where the early season’s sexy wins are not representative of what UM really is, which is a bottom of the conference team on par with Nebraska. And Purdue is 11-9. Things can change in a hurry based on the stretch of games you’re in, and that five game run for Illinois could bring them back to the middle of the pack quickly. 

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

They probably get their 8th win against Minny up next. I doubt they go winless in that five game stretch. Probably going to be at worst 10-5 after this stretch. 

Yeah, I gave them the W at home against Minny, which isn’t a given, but they should be favored. I don’t think they win @Iowa, against MSU or @Rutgers. Splitting home against Maryland and @PSU seems most likely. That would put them at 9-6. So your 10-5 is best outcome IMO. 9-6 probably had them in a bunch with three or four other teams tied for 2nd-4th. Just really shows you when you walk the schedule out how unpredictable it’s going to be for who will come out on top. Honestly, a conference champion with 7-8 losses looks more and more likely every day. 

6 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Yeah, I gave them the W at home against Minny, which isn’t a given, but they should be favored. I don’t think they win @Iowa, against MSU or @Rutgers. Splitting home against Maryland and @PSU seems most likely. That would put them at 9-6. So your 10-5 is best outcome IMO. 9-6 probably had them in a bunch with three or four other teams tied for 2nd-4th. Just really shows you when you walk the schedule out how unpredictable it’s going to be for who will come out on top. Honestly, a conference champion with 7-8 losses looks more and more likely every day. 

Think you are giving MSU too much credit. Illinois will be favored