Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

2 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Why do you say that? Calipari encouraging guys to seek other opportunities in order to make room for the five star freshman he wants to bring in next year?

That's what I meant, gotta shuffle them all around. It would be exhausting being a pUKe fan.

5 minutes ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

That's what I meant, gotta shuffle them all around. It would be exhausting being a pUKe fan.

I’ve always said that at some point Duke, Kentucky, etc. have to get burned playing the one and done game when a year comes that guys under perform and don’t leave early. To this point I don’t think it’s actually happened somehow, but it had to bite them eventually right? And then what do they say to the four five-star kids signed who they don’t have room for anymore? I feel like it would only take once for that to throw their whole scheme out of whack. 

Talking with my co-worker pUKe fans, Whitney is a big guy, doesn't get many minutes currently, when he does play he sits at the 3pt line building brick walls, and does NOT play defense. I'm not so sure that would be a good fit here.

PS: in the last 7 pUKe games, Whitney has scored 3 points and 3 boards. 

Talking with my co-worker pUKe fans, Whitney is a big guy, doesn't get many minutes currently, when he does play he sits at the 3pt line building brick walls, and does NOT play defense. I'm not so sure that would be a good fit here.
PS: in the last 7 pUKe games, Whitney has scored 3 points and 3 boards. 

Wouldn’t take him at IU, but I would if I were say... UConn?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Only four freshmen are currently starting among the Top 10 teams ranked in last week's AP Top 25.

Three of them play for the same team --- Duke.

That's four first-year players starting among 50 potential starting spots.

Experience > Youth.

Jon Rothstein

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

9 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Only four freshmen are currently starting among the Top 10 teams ranked in last week's AP Top 25.

Three of them play for the same team --- Duke.

That's four first-year players starting among 50 potential starting spots.

Experience > Youth.

Jon Rothstein

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The "one and done" model was bound to fail from the very start, almost like a built-in destruct date. Everything eventually balances itself out, and after two decades the college game is course-correcting itself. It's a coaches and team sport, not superstars. Last year, Zion was the exception that kind of proved the rule.

The "one and done" model was bound to fail from the very start, almost like a built-in destruct date. Everything eventually balances itself out, and after two decades the college game is course-correcting itself. It's a coaches and team sport, not superstars. Last year, Zion was the exception that kind of proved the rule.

And Carmelo Anthony and Anthony Davis?

I generally agree though getting older and experienced is preferred. Guys playing to win vs playing for self and NBA.

Some ultra talents stay a year longer and some lesser talents leave to leave and Gleague it or oversea it.

Finding the right mixture of talent, chemistry, with guys with the same goals is the key.

The almost two decades has also stripped college basketball of talent in the worst way. Teams have gone through so many ups and down and no consistency, this is by far the worst year yet as so many programs are down.

20 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

I got to get up at 6:30 and I will be watching and I graduated from ISU. Lol

Craziest ended of the night was UConn/Houston. Houston up 4 with 10 sec and their freshman guard who was awesome all game gets a T for jawing with Hurley. Then gets a 5 sec call on the inbounds when UConn cut it to 2. Hurley draws up a play for a walk-on who hadn’t played all game. Lol. Houston holds on

USPS - how much coffee do you drink during CBB season? I watch a lot of CBB and I'm guessing it's about 10 percent of what you watch. You are an Animal Sir. Love your passion ...

USPS - how much coffee do you drink during CBB season? I watch a lot of CBB and I'm guessing it's about 10 percent of what you watch. You are an Animal Sir. Love your passion ...
0 not a big coffee drinker
Purdue up 21 on Wisky.
Kent st up 1 at Buffalo with 3 min to go.

20 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

OSU and Michigan have both been dropping like rocks recently. 

Holtmann is now 11-19 against Big Ten teams in the last two seasons. 

I watched something about Holtmann or maybe I read it. (sorry getting older and too many blows to the head). Anyways... it was about coaching at OSU. It covered how he can't sleep at night and how he interacts with his family and how they try to support him. He was up until like 5:30 am after a game watching game tape (I think it was covering before and after the PSU game) .

I get these guys make a lot of money, but the profession is brutal. Every one of these guys signs up for it... and I don't think any of them are looking for sympathy. Great money doing what you love.

I guess my point is just to remember its a lot easier sitting back critiquing what these guys do and a lot different trying to get results. I get they get paid well to handle the stress... Fans should expect results and WE put a lot into it.... but the players and coaches put a LOT more into it and have a lot more to lose than any fan out there.

I will now step off my soapbox ....

And Wat - this wasn't directed at you... your post made me think of Coach Holtmann.

Wow... Are you a monster guy? (you don't have to answer that)
Anyways .... thanks for all that you give us throughout the bball year.

No energy drinks as well. Lol. I love doing it. I’m watching the games anyways I might as well update them on here. Good thing is there is always someone on here watching as well. Except when Aloha checks out during pac 12 after dark and leaves me hanging by myself. Just kidding Aloha