Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Looking like there will be 25 1-bid conferences this season. Just with how it’s looking right now. Teams “in” for each conference.
Only conferences with the possibility of two getting in would be the WCC if Gonzaga lost in the their conference tourney and the MWC is SDSU loses in theirs.

That leaves 43 at large bids between the AAC, ACC, Big 12, Big East, Big Ten, Pac-12 and SEC.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

There are only 36 at-large bids available total. I think you just worded it differently. Wcc will probably get 2 other at large bids besides whoever wins the wcc tourney between(zags, BYU, and st Mary’s), A-10 has a possibility of multiple teams. MWC needs Utah St to finish strong. ACC and sec are both down which is why the B1G could get close to 10 teams in if things fall right.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

There are only 36 at-large bids available total. I think you just worded it differently. Wcc will probably get 2 other at large bids besides whoever wins the wcc tourney between(zags, BYU, and st Mary’s), A-10 has a possibility of multiple teams. MWC needs Utah St to finish strong. ACC and sec are both down which is why the B1G could get close to 10 teams in if things fall right.

What I meant was there are just 43 spots left if the WCC and MWC can’t get multiple bids. And I don’t doubt BYU and St. Mary’s getting a couple more losses in conference. Both are 3-2 and no one is getting an at large from that conference with 4-5 losses unless the field is just that weak this year.

As USPS alluded to, there are 32 conference tourney champs who get automatic bids, leaving 36 at-large bids. Where is 43 coming from???

The likelihood of a team stealing a bid from the AAC, Big 12, Big East, Big Ten, Pac12 or SEC is pretty low. So assuming the A10, MWC and WCC are 1 bid leagues, then there are essentially 43 spots available because of no bid stealers from those conferences. No if we want to say that the A10 can get 2 in, MWC can get 2 and the WCC can get 3, then that’s going to make it 22 1-bid leagues and 46 spots essentially open. Only a bid stealer takes away one of those spots. And I’d say there are realistically about 50 or so teams playing for those spots. Including those that will win their conference tourneys.

What I meant was there are just 43 spots left if the WCC and MWC can’t get multiple bids. And I don’t doubt BYU and St. Mary’s getting a couple more losses in conference. Both are 3-2 and no one is getting an at large from that conference with 4-5 losses unless the field is just that weak this year.

So as of right now, there are.. let’s say 46 open spots because there will only be 22 one-bid leagues. Because no one has gotten an automatic bid yet. So you would think what 46 teams get in without bid stealing.

BYU would still have a great chance at an at-large bid even with 4 conference losses. Numbers wise and eye test wise they are a tournament team in my opinion. They have 6 losses 3 of which were in OT on the road and most of those losses where without Childs. They have a non conference S0S of 10 and overall 36. If you get a chance watch them play, they are really good team no one knows about. I wouldn’t recommend them losing a bunch of games to sub 200 teams but they could afford losses to Zags, St Mary’s and probably San Francisco. If they beat the zags at home they will pretty much be locked in to an at large bid. We all know assuming there will be no bid stealers is not a good idea. There will always be bid stealers come March

BYU would still have a great chance at an at-large bid even with 4 conference losses. Numbers wise and eye test wise they are a tournament team in my opinion. They have 6 losses 3 of which were in OT on the road and most of those losses where without Childs. They have a non conference S0S of 10 and overall 36. If you get a chance watch them play, they are really good team no one knows about. I wouldn’t recommend them losing a bunch of games to sub 200 teams but they could afford losses to Zags, St Mary’s and probably San Francisco. If they beat the zags at home they will pretty much be locked in to an at large bid. We all know assuming there will be no bid stealers is not a good idea. There will always be bid stealers come March

How many bid stealers will there be this season though? It’s not going to happen in the Top 6 conferences. It won’t happen in any of the 1 bid conferences thanks to realignment over the years. You’re looking at those 46 spots to be filled in by likely 10 conferences? And the MWC is the most likely to end up a 1-bid conference out of all of them. I also think the Big Ten screws themselves and ends up with 8 bids.

How many bid stealers will there be this season though? It’s not going to happen in the Top 6 conferences. It won’t happen in any of the 1 bid conferences thanks to realignment over the years. You’re looking at those 46 spots to be filled in by likely 10 conferences? And the MWC is the most likely to end up a 1-bid conference out of all of them. I also think the Big Ten screws themselves and ends up with 8 bids.

Hard to say but history says it’s going to happen. I could easily see a bid stealer out of the power 6 tournaments this year. ACC right now has 3 for sure Louisville, Duke, Florida St. I’m sure another team will enter those 3 but I could see a team outside of those getting hot and winning the ACC tourney.

Hard to say but history says it’s going to happen. I could easily see a bid stealer out of the power 6 tournaments this year. ACC right now has 3 for sure Louisville, Duke, Florida St. I’m sure another team will enter those 3 but I could see a team outside of those getting hot and winning the ACC tourney.

But will it be a bid stealer? 46 teams have to go from those 10 conferences. Let’s take Joe Lunardis current bracket updated the 21st.

A10- Dayton, VCU
AAC- Wichita State, Memphis, Houston
ACC- Duke, FSU, VT, UofL, NC State
Big 12- Baylor, TTU, Oklahoma, WVU, KU
Big East- Butler, Creighton, GTown, SH, Marquette, Nova
Big Ten: Iowa, UM, Maryland, Wisky, IU, Illini, RU, PSU, OSU, MSU
Pac12- Stanford, Colorado, Oregon, Zona, USC
WCC- St Mary’s, Zags, BYU

23 1-bid conferences including the MWC. Tulsa I think you could throw in there for the AAC and take out Purdue. But we will just use this. So who would steal a bid from winning their conference tourney in any of those conferences? A realistic chance not a “so you’re saying there’s a chance.” There may not be many bid stealers this season. The MWC is the most likely it seems and that’s just one bid which in this case probably takes out Purdue.

28 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

So since I have android I am screwed I am guessing.  The app was awesome wish I could get it back. Thanks for your help

I have it on my S9+, but haven't seen an update for it, nor looked for it in the store. It just, IDK, works?

But will it be a bid stealer? 46 teams have to go from those 10 conferences. Let’s take Joe Lunardis current bracket updated the 21st.

A10- Dayton, VCU
AAC- Wichita State, Memphis, Houston
ACC- Duke, FSU, VT, UofL, NC State
Big 12- Baylor, TTU, Oklahoma, WVU, KU
Big East- Butler, Creighton, GTown, SH, Marquette, Nova
Big Ten: Iowa, UM, Maryland, Wisky, IU, Illini, RU, PSU, OSU, MSU
Pac12- Stanford, Colorado, Oregon, Zona, USC
WCC- St Mary’s, Zags, BYU

23 1-bid conferences including the MWC. Tulsa I think you could throw in there for the AAC and take out Purdue. But we will just use this. So who would steal a bid from winning their conference tourney in any of those conferences? A realistic chance not a “so you’re saying there’s a chance.” There may not be many bid stealers this season. The MWC is the most likely it seems and that’s just one bid which in this case probably takes out Purdue.

Yeah their is a good chance that the bid stealer would be one of the teams that you listed. Although teams like NC State, IU, Michigan, VT, Stanford, Georgetown and others are listed in as of today, chances are several of these teams by the time their conference tournament begins is on the outside looking in and will have to make a run in the conference tournament or even have to win it.

Yeah their is a good chance that the bid stealer would be one of the teams that you listed. Although teams like NC State, IU, Michigan, VT, Stanford, Georgetown and others are listed in as of today, chances are several of these teams by the time their conference tournament begins is on the outside looking in and will have to make a run in the conference tournament or even have to win it.

Yea. We will know more by then. I don’t think the Big Ten will get 11 in. I just don’t see any team from the Top 6 conferences winning their conference tourneys. It’ll have to be a team from the AAC, A10, MWC or WCC. And even then they might just replace a team from their own conference and not even steal a bid. But I don’t see a team like Syracuse winning the ACC tournament if they have to. Or Indiana winning the Big Ten tournament(ever).

I have it on my S9+, but haven't seen an update for it, nor looked for it in the store. It just, IDK, works?
I had it on my s9 also but phone needed exchanged and app didn't transfer over to this s9. I am going to miss it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

McD’d All Americans announced. Sort of disheartening to see UNC sign four with a season they’re having this year. Kind of drives home the reality that we’ve definitely lost some of our luster as a blue blood. Blue bloods don’t seem to have an issue getting top recruits even when they’re dead last in their conference standings. I wonder, does UNC have room for four freshman if only Cole goes to the NBA, but Bacot stays? (Which in this one and done era, they have to be recruiting like more than one guy will go early)